COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
Virtual walk-in and appointment arrangements
Pathways advisors are still available to assist students as needed during this time of revised instruction.
Due to the response of the university on the COVID-19 virus, we have decided to move walk-ins and appointments to an online format, using WebEx.
There will be one advisor on walk-ins every day, during regular hours listed below, and will admit students one at a time on a first-come, first serve basis. Students will wait in queue until the advisor is available.
A few things to keep in mind:
- When you join the queue, please enter your name and email address so we have a way to send you documents if needed.
- If you join from a desktop, please connect using your browser, instead of app.
- If you are on a phone or tablet you may be required to download the CISCO Webex application in order to video in.
- Walk-ins will still follow the 30 mins or less policy stated below.
- For prospective students, we will not be able to do unofficial credit evaluations during walk-in hours, but we are happy to schedule an appointment.
|Monday - Friday||9 am - noon||1 - 5 pm|
|Monday - Friday||1 - 4 pm
(check-in by 3:30 pm)
Please note that we will not have availability for walk-ins during the following times:
- Friday, June 26 - all day
- Friday, July 3 - all day
- Friday, July 24 - all day
- Friday, July 31 - all day
If you need an appointment, current students can schedule an online appointment with us through Starfish. If you are a prospective student, please fill out the information request form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (advisors will be monitoring this account).
Advisors will not be available to answer phones in real-time, however they will be checking voicemails and respond accordingly. You are always welcome to email us at email@example.com.
Walk-in or appointment?
For your convenience, we’ve included some examples of when it would be appropriate to schedule an appointment and when to drop by during walk-in hours. No matter the reason, we are here to help you achieve your goals, but understand that follow-up appointments may be required.
Walk-In (15-30 minute or less)
- Quick questions about advising or academic policy/registration
- Thoughts about changing majors
- Academic distress
Please note: Recently confirmed students should meet with their primary college advisor. Learn more on the next steps page.
Appointment (30 minutes or longer)
- Transfer credit evaluation and applicability to major (typically takes 60-90 minutes if we have credits in advance)
- Major Exploration: program/college mission requirements, discuss tailored plan to meet admission requirements, possible back up majors, etc. (typically takes 30-60 minutes)
Scheduling an appointment
Current students (already enrolled at UC)
You can schedule an appointment with a Pathways advisor through Starfish.
Please note: If you are a recently confirmed transfer student, you should reach out to their primary college advisor to register for classes. We cannot lift advising blocks. If you are unsure who your primary advisor is, please check your "Academic Profile" in Catalyst.
Prospective students (not yet enrolled at UC)
Please fill out the information request form and an advisor will reach out to you.
Arriving at the Pathways Advising Center
Our center is located on the first floor of University Pavilion (see details below). For directions to campus and information about parking, please visit UC Parking Services' website.
Once you arrive, please check in at the front desk located outside suite 120. If you're a walk-in or have scheduled your appointment through Starfish, please check in at the kiosk located by the front desk.