COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
- Visit the American Dental Assocation (ADA) page to examine specialty options for dentists. The ADA also has a link to information on financing your dental education.
Experiential Learning Opportunities - See our webpage for a full listing!
- Shadowing: It is recommended, and actually required by some schools, that you shadow/observe dental professionals. We encourage you to shadow your own primary dentist as well as additional primary dentists and dental specialists. Ask your dentist for suggestions. Also, visit the ADA site for information on career mentoring.
- Research opportunities at UC and beyond
- Volunteering: Cincy Smiles Foundation
- The American Student Dental Association (ASDA) offers great information and membership to pre-dentistry students.
- The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) offers pre-dental students a newsletter and the website GoDental to give insights, inspiration, and tools they can use.
- Related Careers: visit the ADA page on careers related to dentistry.
- We encourage you to spend time exploring the other sections of the ADA website to familiarize yourself with current issues within the profession.
- The University of Minnesota offers the only Dental Therapy program in the United States.
Applying to Dental School
- The Pre-Professional Advising Center offers application workshops in spring semester for upcoming dental school applicants. Contact the PPAC for details at (513)556-2166 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ADA has information on the Dental Admissions Test (DAT), a link to all DMD/DDS programs and more.
- The ADEA offers a wealth of information for pre-dentistry students and is the portal to the Associated American Dental Schools Application Services (AADSAS).