COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
Welcome to the Pre-Professional Advising Center
- All PPAC appointments will be coordinated by our office via phone and/or Microsoft Teams. Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 513-556-2166 to make an appointment and we will get you connected.
- The PPAC office is open during our regular business hours, M-F, 8am-5pm but there are no in-person appointments or walk-ins available.
- Pre-Professional Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions link
- Spring semester workshops are continuing via online resources once a student has registered for the workshop.
- Check your UC email regularly for communication from your advisor during this time.
What is Pre-Professional Advising?
- Pre-Professional describes any UC student or UC alumni who has an interest in attending professional school after their undergraduate career.
- We advise pre-health and pre-law students who are pursuing health professions and law school.
- See the categories to the left of this page to learn more about our specific advising disciplines.
- Pre-Professional Advisors (PPAC) collaborate with students starting in their freshman year, helping them explore their options, prepare an outstanding portfolio and then apply to professional schools. We provide a critical partnership for you to manage this process.
- Learn more about our staff and our mission
- Informational workshops on shadowing, application processes, personal statement writing, interviewing and other important aspects.
- 1-on-1 advising appointments for guidance as you Explore-Prepare-Apply
- Pre-health and Pre-Law weekly e-newsletters and listerservs to keep you connected
- Walk-In Hours for current advisees in Fall and Spring semesters
Working with the PPAC
- Attend a Pre-Health Introduction Workshop or Pre-Law Introduction Workshop (If a PPAC advisor visits your Learning Community, this will satisfy your Introduction Workhsop requirement).
- Make your first 1-on-1 advising appointment after completing an Introduction workshop.
- After attending an Introduction workshop, continue meeting with your PPAC advisor at least once per semester.