APPLY FOR A SEMESTER FARE CARD....
Note: You must have a valid UC Photo Identification Card in order for our Program to create and mail you a semester bus pass. Your name and UCID photo will be imprinted on your bus pass. If you do not have a UCID card, please go to UC Public Safety to request one.
Follow Instructions Below:
- CHOOSE your bus pass type (EZ Ride Fare Card or UC Metro Fare Card)
- ALL BUS PASSES ARE MAILED TO CARDHOLDERS
- INCLUDE your apartment OR residence hall room number, at the end of your street address
(example: 123 MAIN ST, APT 4)
- VERIFY your US Postal Service zip code
- PROVIDE an accurate email address
- ENTER payment information (if required)
- RECEIVE an application confirmation by email
- ALLOW 5 to 7 business days for your bus pass to be delivered to you through the US Postal Service
- CONTACT: Marie.Sutthoff@uc.edu with any questions and be sure to include your UCID card number (M-number)
UC*Metro Program Dates and Details:
Cost You Pay to Acquire a Fare Card:
- UC Metro Fare Card: $53 per student per semester; and $160 per employee per semester for first/initial card requested in each semester. Zone 1 transportation is at no cost; but rider must pay all zone fees onboard when traveling outside of Zone 1.
- EZ Ride Fare Card: No cost to student or employee for first/initial card request in each semester. All rides are $1.00, payable onboard when traveling in any Zone; rider may purchase a $0.50 transfer, if needed.
- Replacement Fare Cards: Students and employees who lose the first/initial UC Metro or EZ Ride Fare Card issued to them during any semester must pay an additional $50 when applying online for a replacement card.
About the UC*Metro Program
The UC*Metro Program offers discount transportation options to eligible enrolled UC students and UC employees for use when riding Metro regional buses or Access mini-buses. The Program is funded by UC Administration and UC Student Government, and administered by UC Facilities Management Department. Eligible participants register online to receive a personalized, semester discount fare card for use onboard Metro and Access vehicles.
Metro is a non-profit, tax-funded public service of the Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority (SORTA), which operates regional Metro buses and smaller Access mini-buses (origin-to-destination transportation for people whose disabilities prevent them from riding Metro buses.) Metro provides about 17 million rides per year in the Greater Cincinnati area.
Real-Time Bus Information
Maps of Metro Routes and Bus Stops Near University of Cincinnati Campuses (pdf)
To view some of the documents on this page, you may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- UC Bearcat Bike Share
- TANK bus system (Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky)
- Clermont County, Ohio Transportation Connection
- UC|sustainability has information on:
Car Share (zipcar)
Local Taxi Service
Intercity Transportation Options