- UC Metro Discount Card: $53 per student per semester; and $160 per employee per semester for first/initial card request in each semester.
- EZ Ride Discount Card: No cost to student or employee for first/initial card request in each semester.
- Replacement Card: Students and employees who lose the first/initial UC Metro or EZ Ride Discount Card issued to them for a semester must pay $50 when registering to request a replacement card for that same semester.
Program Details and Information:
UC Bike Share
Car Share (zipcar)
Local Taxi Service
- TANK bus system (Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky)
- Clermont Transportation Connection (Clermont County, OH)
About the UC*Metro Program
The UC*Metro Program offers discount transportation options to eligible UC students and UC employees for use when riding Metro regional buses or Access mini-buses. The Program is funded by UC Administration and UC Student Government, and administered by UC Facilities Management Department. Eligible participants register online to receive a personalized, semester discount card for use onboard Metro and Access vehicles.
Metro is a non-profit, tax-funded public service of the Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority (SORTA), which operates regional Metro buses and smaller Access mini-buses (origin-to-destination transportation for people whose disabilities prevent them from riding Metro buses.) Metro provides about 17 million rides per year in the Greater Cincinnati area.
Important Program Dates
Fall Semester Discount Cards:
- REGISTRATION BEGINS - August 1, 2014
- Cards will be mailed out beginning August 8, 2014.
- FIRST DAY TO USE Fall Semester Discount Cards - Monday, August 25, 2014
Summer Semester Discount Cards:
- Registration for Summer Semester Discount Cards is now CLOSED.
- LAST DAY TO USE Summer Semester Discount Cards is Sunday, August 24, 2014.