Invest in Yourself is an event intended to educate and support our faculty and staff on two tenets of the Be Well UC program: Feel Well and Save Well. With the notion that when you Invest in Yourself, you get paid back with health, wealth and happiness. Sessions and resources are provided in a “mini-event” half day format, with all opportunities being in “bite-size” style – employees can drop in, learn what appeals most to them, and get back to their workday. We welcome individuals or entire departments to join us for the event. We look forward to seeing you there and invite the entire UC community to join us.
Invest In Yourself Event - 2018
Thursday, February 22, 2018
Tangeman University Center (TUC) 4th Floor
Our event will feature:
- 10 sessions, 30 or 45 min in length.
- Be Well UC portal demo/login opportunities.
- Training on how to utilize FREE financial resources and coaching provided by our EAP Impact Solutions.
- Meet the YMCA Lifestyle Coach & get screened for the pilot Diabetes Prevention Program.
- Prize drawings and giveaways throughout the event.
First 100 participants to check in at registration will get a prize!
All eligible particpants will earn 10 Be Well UC points for attending!
Click the image to view the complete schedule of all the sessions.
- Click the "Register Here!" button below.
- Log in using your UC username and password.
- Click "Register" for each session to sign up for sessions you plan on attending! You are welcome to sign up for multiple sessions. Presentation materials will be available on this page after the event.
- 10:00-10:30am Handling Credit & Debt Wisely
- 10:30-11:00am Get Excited about Tracking Your Fitness!!
- 11-11:30am UC Campus Rec: Sweat and $ave
- 11:30am-12pm Mitigate Your Risks: Boost Your Metabolism with Movement!
- 10am-10:45am Fundamentals of Retirement Income Planning
- 10:45-11:15am How to Get the Most Out of Your Auto and Home Insurance
- 11:15am-12pm Healthy Numbers – Integrating Healthcare Into Your Retirement Plan
- 10am-10:45am How Wellness Works for Me as a UC Employee
- 10:45-11:30am Balancing Work and Caregiving: Effective Management of the Sandwich Generation
- 11:30am-12pm Save, Budget and Plan for Trips
TUC Great Hall Lobby
Registration & Snacks (compliments of UC Food & Dining) - Please be sure to stop by and swipe in for a chance to win prizes and to get your info from Be Well UC.
YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program Room – learn about the program from a YMCA Life Coach. Find out if you are eligible to participate in this new program which will be subsidized by UC.
Be Well UC Room – stop by to learn about the program, the new portal, earn your "first $50", and sign up for the Financially Fit Challenge!
YMCA Pilot Info
America Saves Week is February 26-March 3, 2018, a week following the event! Here are additional resources to utilize and invest in your financial wellness.
Complimentary, live webinars offered by Fidelity.
- Topics include budgeting, managing debt, planning for the future, retirement, and more! See all available sessopms by clicking the image below. You may register for as many as you would like, however, spots are limited.