July 9 - 27, 2018
The UC International Summer Program is designed to provide international students an intensive and short-term educational program specifically tailored to meet the needs of a cohort of students. The curriculum will consist of classroom instruction, laboratory work, and/or American cultural enrichment activities. Total hours of instruction will be at least 22 hours per week. For information on the cost of the program, please download the Estimated Expenses document below.
Want to Apply? Deadline is April 1, 2018.
You must complete and submit a:
- UC International Summer Program Application (including basic data form), which is available for download below
- Official university transcripts from home university
- Proof of financial support for the program (form is available below)
- Copy of passport
- Proof of English Proficiency including one of the following:
- a TOEFL score of 66 or higher;
- an IELTS score of 6.0 or higher;
- a PEARSON score of 46 or higher;
These documents must be sent to UC International Services by email at:
- All three pages of the application, including the Basic Data Form, must be completed.
- All students will need to complete a formal check-in with UC International Services upon arrival.
- Participants will be required to pay the $200 SEVIS fee, in addition to other program costs.
- Participants will be required to obtain F-1 student visa to enter the U.S.
Week 1: Environmental Science
This course will examine how humans have influenced the environment, considering the climate, water availability, biodiversity, as well as infrastructure, waste, and agriculture. The course will also examine global, national, and local politics and policies that affect environmental quality.
Week 2: Negotiation Management
What makes an effective negotiator? We will focus on enabling you to become a more informed, effective and perceptive negotiator by practicing various approaches and concepts and gaining the strategies you need to negotiate in unfamiliar environments, cultures, and conflicts.
Week 3: Entrepreneurship
This course provides students with a foundation for enterprise creation, exploring issues like crafting a business plan, creating organization in pursuit of your entrepreneurial objectives, effectively leading as an entrepreneur or a member of a team, and evaluating new venture concepts.