Insurance For Students
How do I Enroll?
If you are traveling on a faculty-led program, check with your faculty member to see if you will automatically be enrolled in Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI), UC's study
abroad medical insurance partner.
- Individual Travel (Third party, Exchange, Co-op etc):
The Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) self-enrollment process allows students participating in UC sanctioned or funded international travel to enroll themselves directly in the customized group insurance plan created for the institution sponsoring their program (with a valid credit card).
Upon successful completion of self-enrollment, you will receive
an email from "CISI Enrollments" containing your personalized ID card and consulate letter as well as a detailed coverage brochure with claim form.
Below is a link for participants to self-enroll and pay directly with their credit card.
Please use sponsor code CIN when enrolling. You do not need to fill in the categories marked Destination City Name, Sponsor Program Name, Sponsor Participation ID or Phone Number.
The cost of CISI insurance is $9.50/week and $30.60/month.
The CISI insurance plan will cover:
- Medical Benefit per occurrence $100,000
- Emergency Medical Evacuation (military, political, personal threat, natural disaster) covered to $250,000
- Repatriation of Remains covered to $100,000
- Security Evacuation covered to $100,000