The University of Cincinnati LGBTQ Center is dedicated to creating an inclusive campus environment. In partnership with several university organizations and departments, the Center will organize multiple events throughout the semester. View the list of events for Spring 2016 below:
- TUESDAY, JAN. 12: "A Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr." is sponsored by the African American Cultural & Resource Center (AACRC). There will be a guest speaker, and light refreshments will be served. Join us as we pay tribute to the legacy of this important civil rights leader.
- MONDAY, JAN. 18 - SUNDAY, JAN. 24: LGBTQ Center Closes as staff members attend a conference out of state. Connect with us on social media in the meantime.
- TUESDAY, JAN. 26: Campus Wide SafeZone Training 101 will take place from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Learn about creating safe spaces for the LGBTQ community. Learn more under the Ally Training Curriculum Series tab. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot!
- THURSDAY, JAN. 28: "Freeheld" Film Viewing is available in the Tangeman University Center. Bring your friends out for the free show!
- TUESDAY, FEB. 2: Campus Wide Trans* 101 Training is scheduled for 5:30 until 8 p.m. Learn more under the Ally Training Curriculum Series tab. RSVP to email@example.com to reserve your spot!
- THURSDAY, FEB. 11: LGBTQ Black History Month Program will be a free screening of "Bessie" at 7:30pm in the Tangeman University Center Cinema.
- FRIDAY, FEB. 26: QueerCon, hosted by WGSS Department, is a platform for you to share your advocacy, academic, educational, and artistic works. Come out from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. in Tangeman University Center, 400 level.
- ALL MONTH: Celebrate Bisexual Health Awareness Month and Women's History Month with the LGBTQ Center. Stay tuned for information on both subjects via our social media. We'll support the UC Women's Center as they celebrate WHM.
- WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30: UC Diversity Conference starts a conversation about diversity at the university. Join us throughout the day. More information to be released later.
- THURSDAY, MARCH 31: Trans* Day of Visibility serves as a day to spread information and awareness about the experiences of trans individuals. Stay tuned for information via our social media. And, a showing of the film "Tangerine" will play during the evening in Tangeman University Center Cinema.
- MONDAY, APRIL 4: Lea DeLaria. OITNB star Lea DeLaria visits campus. Join us at 8 p.m. in Zimmer Hall.
- MONDAY, APRIL 4: Queerly Equipped: Career Prep. Get tips on building your resume and branding yourself before graduation from 10 a.m. to noon in the LGBTQ Center.
- TUESDAY, APRIL 5: Ally Picnic. All supporters and partners of the LGBTQ community are welcome to join us for a picnic on McMicken Commons from 11-2 p.m.
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6: Soul Cafe/Queer Spirituality. Join us for a conversation about spirituality in the LGBTQ Center — 565 Steger Student Life Center.
- THURSDAY, APRIL 7: Visibility Event. Come out to McMicken Commons from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. More information to come.
- THURSDAY, APRIL 7: Mark your calendar for a viewing of the film, "Carol." (Tenative, more information to come.)
- FRIDAY, APRIL 8: Spring Drag Show. The night we all love! Bring all your friends out to Tangeman University Center Great Hall for another fun-filled night. The event is set for 8 to 10 p.m.
- SATURDAY, APRIL 23: Habitat for Humanity. Volunteer with the LGBTQ community at UC from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27: The Rainbow Celebration serves as one final celebration of the academic year. The event is scheduled for 7 p.m. in the African American Cultural and Resrouce Center. RSVP here or see the Rainbow Celebration page on the website for more information.
All events are subject to change. Follow us on Twitter at @UC_LGBTQCenter for updates throughout the semester, and Tweet us about what events you're looking forward to in 2016!