Employers from all over the country and the world have realized the value that hiring interns can provide. Not only are interns an excellent human resource who can help you realize your organizational goals; working and mentoring them provides you with an opportunity to shape the future of your organization and your field.
Some benefits of participating in an internship program:
- Hiring interns is a cost effective way to meet both immediate and long term human resource needs.
- The opportunity to have a profound and significant impact on the professional lives and futures of interns you employ.
- Interns can perform well on professional level assignments freeing career employees to take on more advanced responsibilities.
- A great way to help shape the future of your organization and your field as it allows you the opportunity to identify and evaluate potential career employees.
- Fosters an ongoing, productive relationship between the academic and professional communities.