Employers from all over the world have realized the value of hiring an intern. Not only are interns an excellent human resource that contribute to your organizational goals, but by working with and mentoring them you receive the opportunity to shape the future of both your organization and field.
Some benefits of participating in an internship program:
- Hiring interns is a cost effective way to meet both immediate and long term human resource needs.
- The opportunity to have a profound and significant impact on the professional lives and futures of interns you employ.
- Interns can perform well on professional level assignments, freeing career employees to take on more advanced responsibilities.
- A great way to help shape the future of your organization and your field by identifying and evaluating potential career employees.
- Fosters an ongoing, productive relationship between the academic and professional communities.