A true global perspective is not complete without an understanding of Asia—home to 60 percent of the world’s population. And an internship in Singapore, one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, provides an excellent opportunity for cultural immersion without having to learn a new language. The Singapore Experience combines cultural, academic, and professional development experiences to help you expand your knowledge, strengthen your confidence, and gain a competitive advantage in the global marketplace.
This new initiative will allow any undergraduate student at the University of Cincinnati to complete an international internship or cooperative education experience in Singapore. Through this program you will be:
- Able to work with employers across a broad range of fields—from marketing, journalism, and the arts to politics, healthcare, and education.
- Placed with great care and considerable effort to align with your career and academic goals.
- Participating in academic components that complement and add value to your work experiences, within your field of study.
- Supplied with housing offering security and the convenience of central locations close to public transportation in furnished residence hall-style facilities, with kitchen facilities, access to laundry, and Internet connectivity.
- Provided with professional development opportunities, including informational interviews, skills-based workshops, and professional networking activities as well as cross-cultural coaching to help ease your integration into the city and local workforce, as well as with your internship cohort.
- Local support and guidance to help you make the most of your internship opportunities. Local Program Teams assist students and provide 24-hour emergency support.
$100,000 SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS AVAILABLE ....
We are very pleased to announce that once again, we have been able to secure a grant from the Freeman Foundation. Through their generous support of this program a $100,000 scholarship fund will be distributed through
UC International Programs during the 2013-2014 Academic Year.