This new initiative will allow any undergraduate student at the University of Cincinnati to complete an international internship or cooperative education experience in Singapore with a target implementation of the Summer of 2013. Through this program you will be:
- Able to work with employers across a broad range of fields—from marketing, journalism, and the arts to politics, healthcare, and education.
- Placed with great care and considerable effort to align with your career and academic goals.
- Participating in academic components that complement and add value to your work experiences, within your field of study.
- Supplied with housing offering security and the convenience of central locations close to public transportation in furnished residence hall-style facilities, with kitchen facilities, access to laundry, and Internet connectivity.
- Provided with professional development opportunities, including informational interviews, skills-based workshops, and professional networking activities as well as cross-cultural coaching to help ease your integration into the city and local workforce, as well as with your internship cohort.
- Local support and guidance to help you make the most of your internship opportunities. Local Program Teams assist students and provide 24-hour emergency support.
Perhaps most importantly, we are extremely pleased to announce that we have been able to secure a grant from the Freeman Foundation. Through their generous support of this program a $100,000 scholarship fund will be distributed through
UC International Programs during the 2012-2013 Academic Year.
Join the Singapore Listserv to receive updates about the program.