Bearcat Guardian is a state-of-the-art safety app that allows you to turn your cell phone into a safety device. It works on any mobile phone running on any US-based mobile carrier network.
The app allows users to:
- Select Guardians, such as friends and family members, to check in on you when you are alone or in an unfamiliar place. Your Guardians can “virtually” walk with you on or off campus.
- Set-up a Safety Timer with a location and expected arrival time. If you don’t arrive on time your Guardians are notified to check in on you.
- Send anonymous tips about suspicious activity to UC Police using text and images.
- Receive emergency notifications from UC Public Safety.
- Use an Emergency Call Button to connect with UC Police. Your GPS location is provided so emergency personnel can reach you faster.
- Create a Safety Profile and add important information emergency responders need to know – things like medical conditions, allergies, disabilities and more.
You can download the Bearcat Guardian app for free on the App Store or Google Play. Search for “Rave Guardian.” After installing, ensure location and notification service has been enabled and register with your cell phone number and university email address.