The safety and well-being of each individual within the UC community is of the utmost importance. Although UC Police play a major role in the prevention of crime, students, faculty and staff, and community residents must work together to maintain a safe place to live, work and study.
Tips to Stay Safe:
- Lock your doors and windows
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings
- Don't leave cell phones and computers unattended in plain sight
- Travel in pairs or groups - don't walk alone
- Avoid dark streets and hallways
- Don't reveal personal information to strangers or new acquaintances
- Don't leave door/house keys under the doormat and don't leave notes on the door
- Don't get on an elevator with someone that makes you feel uncomfortable
UC has more than 280 blue help phones strategically placed around campus and in campus garages. The phones connect to dispatchers in our 911 Communications Center. They can be used for emergency and non-emergency needs.