RAPP offers free programming to the University of Cincinnati and the Greater Cincinnati community on a variety of diversity, multicultural, social justice, and communication topics.
We will work with interested groups to develop a program to suit their needs on most any topic, and can make referrals on topics we feel others can do better than we.
Common topics we present on include:
- Self-awareness: Identifying and exploring our own social identities, such as race, gender, sexuality, religion, class, etc.;
- Campus awareness: Exploring diversity at UC, including statistical diversity and campus resources on race, gender, sexuality, ability, and religion;
- Just Community: Exploring the UC Just Community initiative and identifying ways we can create a just and caring community;
- Effective Communication Strategies: Exploring key concepts in crosscultural communication and how to use them to improve communication;
- Communication around Triggers: Identifying our own triggers and common triggers and strategizing about how to respond when triggered that promote learning;
- Allyship: Exploring a holistic concept of allies and identifying how to develop effective ally skills.
- Power & Privilege: Exploring how social power and unearned privilege manifest and how to become an agent of change fighting oppression.
If you have 45-90 minutes and would like a general program, consider requesting one of our most popular general diversity programs:
- What's at UC? Explore demographics, resources, and the impact of perception in this energetic "game"-based program.
- Circles of Me Spend time reflecting on our identities, our experiences, and communication.
- My Just Community Familiarize yourself with and personalize the UC Just Community Initiative.
- Trigger Words Explore language, its connection to justice, and identify ways to respond when triggered/upset/offended.
- Five Skills of Inclusive Leaders The name says it all! Learn about and explore five key skills of inclusive leadership.
- My Story of... Record and share the story of your life around one or more social identities while discovering the power and challenges of telling our stories.
RAPP strives to maintain a focus on experiential learning and host highly interactive workshops.
Print off our Outreach Brochure for easy access to this information and more!
If you'd like to talk about scheduling a workshop, please contact Rebecca Lehman, RAPP Program Coordinator, at 513.556.6119 or email@example.com.