Information for Transfer Students

For transfer credit to be granted, the institution(s) you have attended must be accredited by one of six regional accrediting agencies: 

  • The Higher Learning Commission (formerly North Central Association of Colleges and Schools)
  • Middle States
  • New England
  • Northwest
  • Southern
  • Western Associations of Colleges and Schools

Check your institution's accreditation at the Council for Higher Education Accreditation's (CHEA) website.


Other considerations for your transfer credit

  • General education requirements such as math, English, history and so on, will usually transfer to a direct equivalent.
  • You must have earned a D- or better grade for credits to transfer.
  • Your GPA from other institutions does not transfer to UC. Your UC GPA is based only on coursework completed at UC.
  • Students who have earned credit through Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, the Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Program, or a dual admission program, must send transcripts to UC.
  • All final high school and/or college transcripts and credit documents must be submitted to UC for evaluation after the completion of these courses. can help with all of your college transfer equivalency needs. Transferology allows students to get information about course equivalencies, programs, courses and degree audits among a number of participating institutions.


Can I appeal a transfer credit decision?

Yes. If applicable, please see your advisor first to discuss the issue, who can contact the Credit Evaluation Center on your behalf. In rare cases, students may wish to appeal an equivalency. Please see the University of Cincinnati Policy for Appealing the Application of Transfer Credit.

Students relaxing on lawn

Transfer Credit

The University of Cincinnati accepts credits from a variety of programs including:

Other types of credit


Transfer more easily

Click the button below to see if your institution has an agreement with the University of Cincinnati.

Don't let credits go to waste

If you transfer from an Ohio two-year community or technical college, you may have already earned an associate degree. For more information, click the button below.


If you have questions...

...about your application, decision, or confirmation process, please contact the Office of Admissions.

Office of Admissions

Phone: 513-556-1100
Location: 3rd Floor of University Pavilion

...about how your credits will transfer to the University of Cincinnati (for already admitted students), please contact Pathways Advising.

Pathways Advising

Phone: 513-556-9000
Location: 120 University Pavilion