Certified Physical Therapy Aide
There's a growing need for physical therapy aides. In fact, PT aide jobs will grow over 29 percent through 2029. This online course will help you master the skills you need to work as a physical therapy aide.
Not only will you be prepared for the AMCA's Physical Therapy Technician/Aide certification exam, but an externship starter kit will also walk you through everything you need to know to land a. job in PT.
This program is offered in partnership with ed2go, one of the nation's top online education providers.
About the Course
What you will learn
- Explain the role, responsibilities, and qualifications of the certified physical therapy aide in various healthcare settings.
- Define medical terminology and word elements related to the practice of physical therapy.
- Summarize human anatomy, functional body movements, and system disorders as they relate to physical therapy.
- Identify proper positioning, patient transfers, common exercises, modalities, and medical equipment.
- Demonstrate ethical and legal behavior specific to healthcare settings.
- Differentiate between tasks appropriate for a certified physical therapy aide and other healthcare professionals.
How you will benefit
- Holding AMCA Physical Therapy Technician/Aide certification validates your skill set
- Developing transferable skills increases employment opportunities at healthcare settings, including physical therapist offices, hospitals, and nursing home facilities
- Building out a professional portfolio showcases skills and prepares you for the job search
About Your Instructor
Holly Trimble earned a bachelor's degree in physical therapy from the University of Colorado, a master's degree in pediatric physical therapy from Boston University, and a master's degree in biology from the University of Nebraska at Kearney. After working as a physical therapist for many years, Trimble transitioned into teaching. She has lectured on health-related topics to all age groups and works as an adjunct instructor of anatomy and physiology. She received an Adjunct Faculty Excellence Award and is the author of "College Success Now!"