LGBTQ Faculty and Staff Association
The UC LGBTQ+ Faculty and Staff Association (FSA) was established in 2018 with the support of the Office of the Provost. Our goal is to create an inclusive environment that values LGBTQ faculty and staff as an essential component of UC’s diverse community by:
- Retaining LGBTQ talent on our campuses;
- Providing a safe and secure professional environment for LGBTQ faculty and staff;
- Empowering our members toward visibility and action; and
- Attracting future faculty and staff to meet the needs of new generations of LGBTQ students, who often face multiple obstacles as college students.
The LGBTQ FSA is made up of an executive committee and five sub-committees. The chair of each sub-committee serves as representation on the executive committee.
Amy Lind, Co-Chair
Taft Research Center Director & Mary Ellen Heintz Professor of Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
Chad Vondenhuevel, Interim Co-Chair and Communications
Associate Director of Admissions & Director of Marketing and Digital Media, College of Law
Maribeth Metzler, Membership & Outreach
Juwon Lee, Programming & Mentorship
Program Coordinator, Ethnic Programs & Services
Alex Brogaard, Programming & Mentorship
Program Coordinator, Office of Advising & Academic Services
Rachael Nolan, Professional Development
Assistant Professor, Medicine
If you would like to join one of the sub-committees, please email the corresponding member on the executive board.
- Policy & Governance: Amy Lind & Chad Vondenhuevel
- Programming & Mentorship: Alex Brogaard, Juwon Lee, and David Gillespie
- Membership & Outreach: Meribeth Metzler
- Professional Development: Rachael Nolan & Michael Woodward
- Communication: Chad Vondenhuevel