April 13, 2016
Safety & Reform Community Advisory Council
- Judge John West, Chairman
- Eric Abercrumbie
- Doug Barge
- Mike Ealy
- Peg Fox
- Andrew Naab
- Mel Otten
- James Schwab
- KZ Smith
- Terri Theetge
- Charlene Ventura
- S. Gregory Baker
- Robin Engel
- James Whalen
CAC Members Not in Attendance
- Marcus Bethay
- Dejanay Drummonds
- Aaron Greenlea
|Action Items||Responsible Person(s)||Due Date|
|Post minutes of 4/13/16 meeting to website||Engel/Morris||4/22/16|
|Post Exiger Personnel Review on S&R Website
|Community Forum for presentation of Exiger Review
|Next Meeting is Monday, June 6th, 5:00-7:00 PM, University Pavilion 320
Judge John West
Introduction of new CAC member, Dr. Mel Otten. Dr. Otten is the new faculty representative, replacing Janet Moore.
Personnel Review Report
Jeff Schlanger, Managing Director and President Exiger Advisory
- Provided handout of Personnel Review Report
- Discussed the personnel review of former UCPD Chief Jason Goodrich and former UCPD Major Tim Thornton.
- Noted that this document will be made public after CAC meeting at the request of Robin Engel.
- Robin Engel indicated that this review was based solely on discrepancies found during Exiger’s review of traffic stops; a review of traffic stops was requested in the initial Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Q & A session regarding the Personnel Report
- Discussed initial findings of comprehensive review of UC Department of Public Safety.
- Discussion of importance of CAC having input as an entity representing voices from outside of the University of Cincinnati.
- Discussion of initial findings, including additional training needs, changes to policies/procedures, diversity, etc.
- Q & A session regarding initial findings from comprehensive review.
- The regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 from 5:00 – 7:00 PM in 320 University Pavilion has been rescheduled to Monday, June 6, 2016 from 5:00 -7:30 PM in 320 University Pavilion to meet with the Exiger team.
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016 from 5:00 – 7:00 PM in 320 University Pavilion