Sex Marker Updates

UC students may request a change of the gender marker associated with their UC academic records by submitting a Sex Marker Update Request Form to us via the link below.

Submit a Sex Marker Update Request

For full form functionality—including electronic signature functionality—please download the form to your computer and open in either Adobe Pro or Reader. (If you need assistance with filling out a PDF form, check out our Adobe Acrobat Reader Applications and Filling and Signing Electronic Forms links.)

Related Updates

Legal Name Changes

Changing the name associated with the student's records is a process separate from updating the student's sex marker. Changing the legal name associated with your student record continues to require the submission of legal name change documentation. You may, however, change your preferred name in Catalyst, Blackboard, or Canvas at any time.

Preferred Name Changes

Students may update their preferred name in Catalyst, Canvas, and Blackboard. Instructions for updating preferred names can be found on our Self–Service Information Updates page.