GC3 Procedure for University of Cincinnati Students
With the approval of their college, University of Cincinnati full time students may take up to two courses or six credit hours at another institution, and half time students may take no more than half of their credits at another institution in a given term.
The student will be registered at UC for Consortium, MLTI6081, for the equivalent number of credit hours that will be transferred back to UC from the host institution.
Credit for courses will be posted on the student’s transcript as advanced standing at the end of the term. Grades for cross–registered courses are not entered on the student’s transcript at UC.
- Fill out the Consortium Cross–Registration Authorization Form.
- Obtain approval from your home college Assistant Dean/Academic Advisor (Make certain the approval includes a course equivalency for the class being taken at the host institution)
- Obtain approval from the department as well if you intend to have the course (or courses) count towards the requirements of your major.
- Email the completed Authorization Form to the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com.
- The UC Registrar's Office will add MLTI 6081 to your class schedule for the equivalent number of credit hours that will be transferred back to UC.
- A completed GC3 Cross Registration Form will then be emailed to you; make sure you sign the form as soon as you receive it.
- Deliver the Cross-Registration Form to the appropriate host institution’s Registrar’s Office to complete your registration process at the host institution.
There is no additional cost to full-time students, however, students are responsible for course–related fees at the host institution. It is the student's responisibility to check with the host institution to verify what those fees might be.
Students must inform both schools if they withdraw from consortium classes.
Please review the Cross–Registration Policies for more information.
Questions? Contact the UC Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.