Student Quickstart Guide
Welcome to the University of Cincinnati! IT@UC is here to help you.
Use the following as a guide to getting your technology set up both before you arrive on campus and after you get settled in.
Before you arrive:
Once you get here:
This step is important to ensure that your account does not get locked due to a device repeatedly using an old password and will allow you to seamlessly to log into your UC account and the UC_Secure network after a recent password update.
Connect your computer to UC_Secure.
Connect your wireless device to UC_Secure.
You may be prompted to accept the “netauth.uc.edu” certificate on each wireless device you use to connect to UC_Secure on campus.
How to accept the “netauth.uc.edu” authentication certificate on your wireless device(s).
- You may be presented with a screen displaying “netauth.uc.edu” after you log into UC_Secure wireless with your UC username and password.
- Select “Trust” or “Accept.”
- That’s IT! You may experience a brief delay while your device connects to UC_Secure wireless.
Follow the steps below if you cannot successfully connect to UC_Secure wireless or if you did not select “Trust” or “Accept” when prompted with the “netauth.uc.edu” certificate.
- Select “UC_Secure” from the list of available networks on your device.
- Select “Forget This Network.”
- Go back to the list of available networks and log into “UC_Secure” with your UC username and password.
- Select “Trust” or “Accept” when presented with the “netauth.uc.edu” certificate.
- Although not recommended, you may opt-out of this service. NOTE: UC will not sell your information; user is responsible for any charges from their phone carrier.
- Update emergency text messaging preferences in Catalyst.
- Microsoft OneDrive, part of the Microsoft Office 365 suite of software tools, is the university's official cloud storage and file-sharing solution.
- Visit the IT@UC Knowledge Base to get started with OneDrive
Get Technology Help & Support
The KB is home to hundreds of articles, custom UC how-to guides, FAQs and more and is available 24/7.
Save yourself time–find the answers you need fast with the IT@UC Knowledge Base (KB).
The IT Services Status module provides real-time updates on 15 essential IT services. You can sign up to receive automated service status notifications via email.
The IT@UC Service Desk provides assistance with password resets, data and phone, email, wireless access, VPN, UCFlex, Catalyst and more.
- Submit a ticket.
- Or, call us: Dial (513) 556-HELP (4357) or (866) 397-3382 from your personal phone. Dial 6-HELP (4357) from a university phone on campus. Then, select option 2.
Our Canopy Support team provides around the clock assistance with Canvas and tools within Canvas. All services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Call us: Dial (513) 556-HELP (4357) or (866) 397-3382 from your personal phone. Dial 6-HELP (4357) from a university phone on campus. Then, select option 3.