FM Housekeeping provides routine cleaning and custodial care to more than 100 UC buildings. Each building has staff assigned to perform specific service routines, on a scheduled basis including, but not limited to, the Baseline Services described below.
Requesting Facilities Housekeeping:
During Regular Office Hours (Monday-Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm):
- Dial 513-558-2500 to report all Routine and Emergency Housekeeping Requests.
After Hours (Monday-Friday 4:00 pm to 7:30 am; all weekends; all holidays)
- Report All After-Hours Emergency Housekeeping Requests by dialing 513-556-1111 to the Communications Center of UC Public Safety and request that they contact and dispatch emergency maintenance response staff.
- Report All After-Hours Routine Housekeeping Requests by dialing 513-558-2500 to leave a detailed voice message that will be reviewed the next business day.
Blue Ash & Clermont Campuses:
Regular Office Hours:
Monday-Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
|Associate Directors for Housekeeping and their Facility Responsibilities|
Academic Health Center
Contact: John Williams
Phone: (513) 558-4140
Contact: Steve Wagner
Phone: (513) 556-6433
Campus Services and Athletics
Contact: Steve Wagner
Cardiovascular Research Center (CRC)
Health Professions Building
Kettering Lab Complex
Medical Science Bldg. (MSB)
Medical Science - Receiving
Medical Science - Service
Radiation Safety Laboratory
Surgical Research Unit
Utility Plants, Central & East
Vontz Center for Molecular Studies
60 West Charlton
Calhoun St. Garage - Interior
Campus Receiving Bldg.
Campus Services Garage
CCM - Corbett Center of Performing Arts
CCM - Dieterle Vocal Arts
CCM - Emery Hall
CCM - Memorial Hall
Clifton Ct. Pavilion North
Clifton Ct. Pavilion South
College of Law
Commons Edge North
Commons Edge South
DAAP - Alms Bldg.
DAAP - Aronoff Center
DAAP - DAAP Addition
DAAP - Wolfson Center
Engineering Research Center
French Hall West
Geology - Physics Bldg.
Old Chemistry Bldg.
Van Wormer Hall
Varsity Village Imaging Ctr.
Victory Parkway Campus
Campus Recreation Center
Marian Spencer Hall
Sheakley Athletics Center
Shoemaker Multipurpose Center
Steger Student Life Center
Stratford Bldgs. 1-21
Stratford Digby House
Tangeman University Center
Housekeeping Staff will adjust their baseline services to focus on cleaning and maintaining common areas. Active classrooms will also be cleaned on regular intervals and will be furnished with sanitizing supplies by Housekeeping. In the event classroom cleaning supplies are low, UC Faculty and Staff may call Work Control at 558-2500 for classroom supply replenishment.
Effective immediately, Housekeeping staff will not be cleaning or performing trash removal for individual and Department Offices. Employees should empty individual office trash cans into larger hallway receptacles.
Follow these guidelines if you need some guidance on how to properly clean your area.
Basic Cleaning Guides:
- Operate the All Recycling program.
- Scrub, wax, burnish and refinish floors during academic term breaks, where feasible, and as break time permits.
- Shampoo carpets/carpet cleaning during academic term breaks, where feasible, and as break time permits.
- Window cleaning is contracted out, as the availability of funding permits.
- Expenses related to requests for variations in service schedules (i.e., lock outs) are passed on to the requesting department.
- Above-baseline custodial/cleaning services may be requested on a fee-for-service basis, by dialing 513-558-2500.
- All custodial staffing is based on availability. When a shortage of staff exists, areas will be policed.
- The priority standard for cleaning is as follows: restrooms; classrooms; public spaces; and labs. In areas designated as office space, trash will be emptied three (3) times a week, provided staffing is available. This policy has been affected by the recent COVID-19 outbreak (see here).
- Custodial staff may only perform duties that are specifically listed in their job classification.
- Due to the sensitivity of equipment, at no time will custodial staff clean televisions, computers, monitors, and their related work station equipment, tables and desks.
- Room and building access requests should be made to UC Police at 513-556-1111. Housekeeping does not perform this function.