COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
Bearcat Card FAQs
1. How does the Bearcat Card work? Expand
The Bearcat Card is your UCID. The Bearcat Card is activated by depositing money into your account. Choose the amount of money that you wish to deposit. You can use cash, check, debit, or credit card. Once activated, you can withdraw the funds by presenting the card when making a purchase at participating locations.
2. Where can I deposit money into my account? Expand
Money can be deposited at any time during the year by:
- Logging into canopy.uc.edu
- Calling the Bearcat Card Office at 513-556-2000
- Visiting the Bearcat Card Office- MainStreet Connection Center in person on Level 3 of TUC
- Or by stopping by one of the 3 convenient VTS locations located on campus.
- Langsam Library- 4th Floor
- Medical Science Building- Level 1
- Tangeman University Center- Level 2- Foodcourt entrance
3. Is there a fee attached to the Bearcat Card, or a minimum balance required? Expand
No. There are no transaction fees or minimum balance required for the Bearcat Card account.
4. Where can I use my Bearcat Card? Expand
5. What are the benefits of having a Bearcat Card? Expand
There are several benefits. It is convenient, fast, safe, and you don’t have to carry cash or credit cards. There are no transaction fees and a lost card doesn’t mean lost money if reported right away. Moreover, you can save money when you do laundry, make copies, or use on-campus (except UC Clermont College) vending machines. You can extend the flexibility of your Bearcat Card by linking it to a new or existing PNC checking account. Your Bearcat Card becomes your ATM card, giving you access to ATMs around the country and shopping almost everywhere pin-based debit is accepted.
6. What do I do if I lose my Bearcat Card or have problems with it? Expand
You should report lost cards immediately by logging into the Bearcat Card Web site at uc.edu/bearcatcard, and deactivating your card. Click Account Management & Deposit. Sign in using your central login. Click Card Services then deactivate or reactivate your card. Replacement cards can be purchased at the Keys & Badges Office, 4 Edwards Center at a cost of $35.00. You must report your lost card to PNC bank if your card is linked to your checking account. Go online at pnc.com/uc or call 800-531-1648. Bearcat Cards are updated every 30 minutes. All information and monies will be transferred to your new card at that time.
7. May I get a refund of money that I do not spend on my Bearcat Card account during the semester? And will I receive a statement? Expand
8. If I am an employee, what do I do to sign up for a Bearcat Card, or to use Payroll deduction? Expand
As an employee, you can go to uc.edu/bearcatcard and choose "Open an Account". Fill out the required information for Bearcat Card Debit account, or campus services Charge account if you are an employee wanting to use payroll deduction. Sign the form, and submit it. If you want to extend the flexibility of your Bearcat Card by opening a PNC checking account and linking it to your Bearcat Card account, go to pnc.com/uc to get started today.
9. What happens to balances on inactive accounts? Expand
Bearcat Card accounts with no activity (defined as a deposit or debit) over a twelve month period are considered inactive and will be suspended without notice if the balance is less than $25. Inactive accounts with balances over $25 will be assessed an annual $10 service charge. Unless a refund is requested within five years of the last activity, inactive accounts will be closed without notice with any remaining balances forfeited to the University of Cincinnati.
Refunds are processed when: 1) The account balance is $5 or more; AND 2) a refund request is submitted. A $5.00 processing free will be deducted from the refund.