Crisis Emergent Services
We offer 24/7 access to students who are in need of immediate support through our crisis services. These services include walk-in triage appointments, telephone consultations, or after hours crisis support. These services are acessible by 513-556-0648 and selecting the appropriate options.
We provide onsite emergent services, Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Please call our office between those hours at 513-556-0648, to let us know that you need to see someone immediately.
If you want to discuss your concerns about a student with a staff member of CAPS , call our main line 513-556-0648 and request a consultation. We have staff available for consultation. We will listen to your concerns and provide specific guidance and advice tailored to the situation. We may suggest such approaches as:
- talking with the student and how to do so
- providing the student with some academic counseling or options
- creating an agreement about behavioral expectations
- referring the student to CAPS or other departments at UC
- contacting the Dean of Students Office to describe your concern.
Sometimes we provide a series of consultations about a student. You can keep in touch with us about a student as you address concerns.
After Hours Crisis Support
Students and members of the UC community concerned about students have access to care 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Our After hours Crisis services provide care during evenings, weekends, and other times when we are closed, you may call our direct number at 513-556-0648 and press 1, to speak with a counselor 24/7.
Sexual Assault Support Helpline
Provides on- and off-campus resources for gender-based violence and sexual assault support. Evenings, weekends, and other times when we are closed, you may call our direct number at 513-556-0648 and press 1, to speak with a counselor 24/7.
Psychiatric Emergency Services, University Hospital
- Call 513-584-8577 for emergency room or hospital services.
- Call 911.
Additional Local and National Hotlines
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273- TALK (8255)
- Crisis Text Line: Text START to 741-741
- Talbert House Crisis Line (Greater Cincinnati community crisis line): 513-281-CARE (2273)
- Trevor Project Lifeline (LGBTQ youth suicide prevention hotline): 866-488-7386
- Women Helping Women (Confidential support and advocacy for women struggling with sexual assault, domestic violence, or stalking) 513-381-5610
Off Campus Counseling Resources
- Call your health insurance network for other resources covered by your insurance.
- Call Mental Health Access Point for low-cost or sliding scale treatment options: 513-558-8888
- If you experience a life threatening emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.