Let’s Talk is now being offered virtually. Please view our events on Campus Link for more information, including how to make an appointment. Let's Talk is a program which provides easy access to clinicians from CAPS. This service is available for all UC students who may not need traditional counseling, but could still benefit from one-on-one support. Confidential conversation and support with counselors from UC CAPS
Let's Talk is free and confidential. Students can meet with a clinician for a brief 15-20 minute conversation. Students make an appointment through Bookings. Clinicians will listen to your concerns and offer support, information, and resources.
|Clinician||Day and Time|
|Shane Gibbons, PhD||Mondays 1-3 PM|
|Samantha Cook, PsyD||Tuesday 1-3 PM|
|Betsy Lehman, PhD||Wednesday 1-3 PM|
|Elise Romines, PhD||Wednesday 5-7 PM|
|Michanne Davis, LISW-S||Thursday 1-3 PM|
|Julie Lineburgh, LPCC-S||Friday 1-3 PM|
Who can use Let's Talk?
Any student can virtually attend Let's Talk consultation, typically it's the best fit for students who:
- Are not sure about counseling or wonder what it's like to talk to a counselor;
- Are not interested in counseling but would like the perspective of a counselor;
- Have a specific problem and would like someone with whom to talk it through;
- Have a concern about a friend or family member and would like ideas about what to do.
How can I access Let's Talk?
- Visit our Bookings page to sign up for the Let's Talk day and time that works for you.
- Let’s Talk can be done over the phone or on Microsoft Teams (videoconferencing). When students sign up, they can choose how they want to be contacted.
Questions about Let's Talk?
- Contact Julie Lineburgh M.Ed., LPCC-S., for more information on the Let's Talk Program, at (513) 556-0648.
- Need help with an urgent mental health crisis? CAPS offers 24/7 phone crisis services for enrolled students or for those who are concerned about an enrolled student. Phone crisis services are available by calling 513-556-0648.
- The Let's Talk Program at the University of Cincinnati is based on the Let's Talk Program originating at Cornell University. With permission, some of the material from this website has been adapted or reproduced from the Cornell University and UW-Madison's Let's Talk website.