Career Coaching by Appointment
When you need more in-depth career coaching, make an appointment to meet with a professional career coach. Professional career coaches are assigned to your major and have years of experience. They can help you with things like:
- Exploring majors and careers
- Identifying your interests, skills, and values
- Personality and career assessments
- Job search and networking strategies (either for co-ops/internships or post-graduation jobs)
- Preparing for interviews
- Negotiating salary and benefits
- Graduate school planning and preparation
- and more
Coaching appointments are available year-round, Monday through Friday, except on holidays or when the University is closed. Appointments are free and open to current UC students and alumni.
Make an Appointment
To meet with a career coach, first make an appointment in Handshake.
Already logged into Handshake? Click here to schedule an appointment.
- Go to the UC Handshake login page
- Click on "University of Cincinnati Login"
- Log in with your UC username and password
- Go to Career Center
- Go to Appointments
- Select "Schedule a New Appointment"
- Select a Category and Appointment Type
When making an appointment with a professional career coach, please be aware of the following policies regarding late arrival, cancellation and no-shows.
If you are more than 15 minutes late to your appointment, we will not be able to meet with you. We cannot adequately address your needs in a shortened appointment, and we cannot run over into another student’s time. You will need to schedule a new appointment in Handshake.
If you think you might be late to your appointment, email or call your career coach before the appointment start time. The career coach may be able to accommodate you.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, you must cancel or reschedule your appointment in Handshake at least 24 hours before the appointment time.
Students who don’t show up to an appointment will be marked as a no-show. If you no-show three times in a semester, you will not be allowed to schedule another appointment with a professional career coach for the rest of that semester. Instead, you can see a peer career coach during walk-in hours, which are first-come, first-served.