Now that you've narrowed your focus and made a plan, it's time to take action.
- Learn how to present your skills and accomplishments in language that will resonate with employers:
- Come to walk-in hours or make an appointment with a career coach for advice and practice
- Follow advice for writing strong bullet points
- Follow advice for crafting an elevator speech
- Attend events such as career fairs and workshops to build skills, expand your professional network, and meet potential employers. Find upcoming events in Handshake.
- Apply for jobs you are genuinely interested in. Find jobs in Handshake.
- Prepare for interviews by taking part in mock interviews. Learn how to use the S.T.A.R. approach to answering interview questions.
- Prepare to evaluate job offers:
- Research salaries and benefits. We recommend O*NET for salary and wage information.
- Learn how to negotiate a job offer
- Learn how to accept or reject a job offer professionally
- Get resume-building work experience through co-op, internship, service-learning, UC Forward, a part-time job, academic research, clinicals, practicum, student teaching, performance, or volunteering.
- If you’re interested in continuing your education, explore graduate school.