Employers and Partners
At UC, we believe we are more successful when we work together. We’ve spent the last 100 years developing deep and impactful partnerships with organizations across a broad spectrum from Fortune 500 companies to cause-based, community non-profits and beyond.
The University of Cincinnati has the oldest and one of the largest co-op programs in the world. We invented cooperative education in 1906; each year more than 3,500 students participate in full-time co-op, and our program consistently ranks in the top 20 nationwide.
As an urban, public research university of more than 46,000 students, UC is well-positioned to maximize partnerships to achieve real results.
- UC is home to 14 unique colleges with a wide range of degree programs and specialty areas
- Ranked in the top tier of America’s Best National Universities by U.S. News and World Report (2020)
- Ranked #3 for co-ops and internships by U.S. News and World Report (2020) and #1 among public universities in this category, beating out the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Duke University, Stanford Univerity and many others
- Recognized as a top public research institution by the National Science Foundation
- UC is one of the few universities that requires experiential learning and career education for all undergraduate students
Ways to Work With UC
Talent - Recruit students to work as co-ops, interns, part-time employees or on a project basis. Test-drive young talent for future employment.
Student Engagement - Join with student to learn, share and address complex business problems and social issues. Student engagement can take many forms, such as student focus groups, lunch and learn presentations, guest lectures, sponsored classes, challenges, contests, and more.
Research - Expert teams of UC faculty and staff can conduct research for your company, for example, specific lab testing, method of action research, app development, or environmental impact testing.
Commercialization - We offer intellectual property (IP) protection, licensing, access to the latest University of Cincinnati IP, and the ability to run projects through the Venture Lab start-up accelerator.
Employee Education - Refresh or develop your employees' skills through customized executive education programs, design thinking classes, Cincinnati Online, and Communiversity.
Events and Meetings - UC offers spaces for meetings and "creative collisions" with innovation leaders at the 1819 Innovation Hub. Hold your own strategy meetings here, or attend meetings and events hosted by others in the building.