Coast-to-Coast Co-op Contest Rules and Guidelines
The University of Cincinnati's Coast-to-Coast Co-op Contest runs from June 15, 2022, through February 15, 2023. Winners will be announced during UC’s annual Career Education Awards Luncheon on March 29, 2023.
How to enter
- Post a photo or short video (one minute or less) of yourself at work on Instagram or LinkedIn and tell us what you like about co-op.
- Tag @UofCincy and use #HireUC.
- Take a screenshot of your post and submit it using the Coast-to-Coast Co-op Contest form.
- UC-branded items (valued at up to $100)
- Invitation to UC’s annual career education awards luncheon
- Chance to be featured in future University of Cincinnati marketing or news publications
- Submissions accepted June 15, 2022, through February 15, 2023.
- University of Cincinnati students participating in credit or non-credit internships or co-ops and currently enrolled in any UC college, excluding the Carl H. Lindner College of Business, are eligible to participate. *Please note: Carl H. Lindner College of Business students should contact Bella Gullia in Lindner Career Services to learn how they can participate in a similar contest specific to that college.
- Students must submit the Coast-to-Coast Co-op Contest form to be eligible for prizes.
- Multiple entries are permitted, but each student may win only one time.
- Submissions become the property of the University of Cincinnati and may be used for promotional purposes beyond the contest.
- Students are required follow the UC Student Code of Conduct.
- Students should check with their co-op supervisor and must adhere to their employer’s social media guidelines, if applicable.
- UC faculty and staff, co-op employers and members of the general public will determine the contest winners. All decisions are final.
- We want to hear about the projects you’re working on, where you work, the people you work with, or other perks of the job. Multiple winners will be selected.
Photo and Video Details
Share a photo of yourself at work and include text that mentions your major, the University of Cincinnati, your employer (if permitted), and what you like about co-op. We want to hear about the projects you’re working on, where you work, the people you work with, or other perks of the job. Be sure to tag @UofCincy and use #HireUC.
- Avoid backlight.
- Shoot near a window so natural light is hitting your face.
- Keep the background simple.
Tell us about your co-op experience with a one-minute (or less) video that mentions your name, your major, the University of Cincinnati, your employer (if permitted), and what you like about co-op. We want to hear about the projects you’re working on, where you work, the people you work with, or other perks of the job. Be sure to tag @UofCincy and use #HireUC.
- Presentation: Be creative: the more creative, the better! Having your supervisor or co-workers make an appearance in the video is a plus.
- Delivery: Speak clearly, and keep your remarks simple and straightforward. Check your speaking volume and make sure you’re not too far from the camera.
- Filming: The video can be shot using a cell phone; just make sure sound and video quality is good. Check your surroundings; make sure anything in the frame of your video is appropriate. Avoid background noise like electronics buzzing or machines running that may distract from the video.
- Accessibility: Videos should be closed captioned to ensure accessibility for all viewers.