Learning through experience is part of the UC promise and part of why many students choose UC.
An internship can help you:
- gain professional, major-related work experience
- hone cross-cutting skills (also called transferable skills) that are valued by every employer
- evaluate potential career options
- expand your professional network
- enhance your resume
- earn income
Internship or Co-op?
Some schools use “co-op” and “internship” interchangeably, but at the University of Cincinnati, an “academic internship” refers to work that is:
- Full- or part-time
- Supervised and evaluated
- Paid (exceptions can be made if the internship is with a nonprofit)
- Can take place in any semester: fall, spring or summer