Join us for a one-day event where hundreds of students from across the university share new knowledge, new understanding, and creative and technical innovation brought forward through scholarly process.
The showcase is free and open to the entire campus community. Come and support these students' educational and professional development as researchers, creators and communicators!
The Great Hall and Atrium house one set of research posters in the morning and a different set in the afternoon. Iin 2019, research topics were presented in the following clusters:
- Sustainability & Ecological Diversity
- Social Justice & Well-Being
- Health & Body
- Teaching & Learning
- New Frontiers
At midday, students present their work with accompanying slides in Podium Presentations in the fourth floor conference rooms and in a Capstone Competition in the Cinema on Level 200.
||Activity||Location in TUC|
|8:30||Check-in Tables Open||Great Hall Lobby|
|9:00||Judges' Training||Room 400|
|10:00||Opening Remarks||Great Hall|
|10:15||Poster Session I||Great Hall & Atrium|
|11:45||Lunch||Great Hall Lobby, Cinema and Classrooms|
|12:15||Podium Presentations||Rooms 415, 417, 419, 423 and 425|
|12:15||Capstone Competition||Cinema (Level 200)|
|1:30||Midday Remarks||Great Hall|
|1:45||Poster Session II||Great Hall & Atrium|
|3:15||Closing Remarks||Great Hall|
Planning Your Time
If you only have an hour:
- Browse the posters in TUC Great Hall and Atrium for either the morning or afternoon session, or
- Catch a handful of Podium Presentations between 12:15 and 1:15 p.m., or
- Watch the Capstone Competition in the Cinema from 12:15 to 1:15 p.m.
If you have more time:
- Browse the posters in TUC Great Hall and Atrium in both the morning and afternoon sessions, and
- Take in a set of Podium Presentations or watch the Capstone Competition from 12:15 to 1:15 p.m.
Student research at UC is diverse and wide-ranging. For example, past Showcases have included resesarch presentations on topics as diverse as:
- How Social Media Affects the Mental Health of Adolescents
- Healthcare and Epidemiology Issues in the Syrian Refugee Crisis
- The Effects of Exercise Type on Short Term Memory
- Youth Homelessness Study: How Effective are Youth Homeless Shelters?
- Creating Bio-diesel from waste cooking oil/sewer waste
- EU Taxation and the 2017 U.S. Tax Law: How it might affect the EU
- The She-Devil You Know: Women and Suduction in Geothe's Faust I
- International Human Rights During the Refugee Crisis: Greece and Italy
- Berries, Broccoli, Carrots and Pears: Teaching Kids Nutrition in Daycares
- Opening Minds Through Art: Fostering Communication through Shared Creating