The Bearcats Pantry is primarily sustained through donations from the UC campus community, Alumni, Cincinnati area community, and extended family and friends. We appreciate your consideration and support!
According to the College & University Food Bank Alliance (CUFBA), 30 percent of college students are food insecure. The organization defines food insecurity as, "the limited or uncertain availability of nutritionally adequate and safe foods, or the ability to acquire such foods in a socially acceptable manner. The most extreme form is often accompanied with physiological sensations of hunger."
The impact of this on UC's campus is about 8,000 students who regularly face some form of food insecurity due to financial and other reasons. With your help and support, we provide food, hygeine, and clothing items to decrease financial stress and increase academic focus for students.
How to Donate
The Bearcats Pantry accepts physical donations of food, hygiene and clothing items, as well as monetary donations. If you would like to donate phsyical items, please see the guidlines below. You may drop off items at our pantry location during regular hours of operation.
If you would like to make a monetary donation, please contact our office or visit our UC Foundation donation portal.
If you are interested in hosting a food drive, please call or email our office. We would love to work together with you on this endeavor!
What to Donate
Bearcats Pantry appreciates any and all donations!
Here are some general guidelines:
- Please donate single-serving sizes, pull-top cans/can openers, and non-glass items.
- Please donate up-to-date items - no expired items.
- Please keep in mind where these donations are going. Some students may not have access to can openers, a full kitchen, laundry facilities, or showering rooms.
Here is a list of our most frequently needed items:
- Canned meat (tuna, chicken, etc.)
- Cereal, granola bars, oatmeal
- Pasta, rice, beans
- Fruit cups, canned fruit, applesauce
- Hygeine products
- Cleaning supplies
- School supplies (pens, pencils, notebooks, etc.)
Daniel S. Cummins - Assistant Dean of Students
Jessie Fix - Graduate Assistant
Stratford Heights Building 16, Suite 007