Dean of Students Advisory Council
The DSAC will serve in an advisory capacity for the Dean of Students Office (DSO) and provide outreach and promotion for the DSO to current and incoming students, families, and campus and community stakeholders. DSAC will positively represent the DSO and its departments to encourage participation and engagement with DSO services and programs.
About the Dean of Students Office
The DSO at the University of Cincinnati serves students and their families as they navigate the collegiate experience through support services and resources committed to students’ advocacy, safety, and well-being.
Reporting through the Division of Student Affairs, the DSO provides numerous opportunities for students to connect beyond the classroom. The 7 reporting areas include:
- African American Cultural and Resource Center (AACRC)
- Bearcat Bands
- Ethnic Programs and Services (EPS)
- LGBTQ Center
- Marketing and Communication/Parent and Family Programs
- Residence Education and Development (RED)
- Student Conduct and Community Standards
- DSAC members will serve as an advisory board for the Dean of Students
- DSAC members must be present and active during all DSAC meetings and events
- DSAC members will lead fellow students through presentations promoting the Dean of Students Office programs and services upon request
- DSAC members will assist with on-line outreach initiatives, including:
- Social media campaigns (Facebook, Twitter)
- Launch an Instagram account
- Other outreach as assigned
- Current full-time University of Cincinnati undergraduate or graduate student and in good standing with the University and their academic college
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and teach others about the Dean of Students Office services and programs
- Self-motivated, attention to detail, organized, and able to carry out responsibilities with limited supervision
- Team player who can easily collaborate with others
- Public speaking experience is preferred, though not required
- Students with experience in any of the following areas: social media savvy, photography/videography, graphic design, and event planning
UC Non-Discrimination Statement
The University of Cincinnati does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or gender identity and expression in its programs and activities.
The university does not tolerate discrimination, harassment, or retaliation on these bases and takes steps to ensure that students, employees, and third parties are not subject to a hostile environment in University programs or activities.
The university responds promptly and effectively to allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It promptly conducts investigations and takes appropriate action, including disciplinary action, against individuals found to have violated its policies, as well as provides appropriate remedies to complainants and the campus community. The university takes immediate action to end a hostile environment if one has been created, prevent its recurrence, and remedy the effects of any hostile environment on affected members of the campus community.
UC is committed to the ideal of universal Web accessibility and strives to provide an accessible Web presence that enables all university community members and visitors full access to information provided on its websites. Every effort has been made to make these pages as accessible as possible in accordance with the applicable guidelines.
If you have accessibility needs, please contact the Accessibility Resources Office at (513) 556-6823. The office is located in 210 University Pavilion.
Please contact Dr. Juan R. Guardia, Dean of Students at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or additional information regarding the Dean of Students Advisory Council.