2021-22 Dining Guide
UC Dining Services is committed to delivering enriching and nourishing dining experiences to students and the university community.
Creating a safe and healthy environment for our students, faculty and staff is our top priority. Numerous procedures have been put in place to provide a high-quality dining experience, while complying with state and local public health guidelines.
Our changing context: We will continue to update our service as circumstances evolve, and will communicate any changes with students via the Food Services home page, this page, email, location signs and social media. Please check back for updates throughout the summer.
While the following information is focused primarily on the Clifton campus, meal plan swipes will continue to be available at the Blue Ash campus cafés, which will follow all safety and seating guidelines as described below.
Quarantine & Isolation Meal Services Guide
UC Dining Services is ready to help you get through your quarantine or isolation status, please see below for details regarding what to expect:
- Meal delivery is available if you are assigned to University Quarantine & Isolation housing in Schneider Hall
- The cost of meal delivery is included in the cost of your meal plan. If you do not have a meal plan, you have the option to opt in or out of meal delivery services at the cost of $10 per meal. These charges will be applied to your student account. Please reply to the "opt-in or opt-out" email to ensure your meal delivery not delayed
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any special dietary requests
- Within 24-48 hours of arrival to your room, you will receive an email from campus dining to preview menus and complete a survey with your selections for the upcoming week.
- UC campus dining will deliver meals outside your door and knock to let you know food has been delivered. Meals are delivered at the following times: Breakfast 8-8:30 a.m.; Lunch 12-12:30 p.m.; Dinner 5-5:30 p.m.
- Please follow the guidance you receive from COVID Check, UC Housing, and CARE Team staff regarding the requirements of your quarantine or isolation stay. More information can be found on the UC Public Health quarantine page.
Health & Safety
UC Dining services has taken great care to develop safety protocols and training for employees to ensure the highest standards of safety, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Expectations of all employees
- Handwashing and replacing gloves at least every 20 minutes
- Tables and chairs will be sanitized at escalated frequency during service hours.
- Shields and guards will protect serving areas and cashier stands.
- Signage and graphics placed to guide spacing.
- Trash receptacles monitored and emptied regularly to manage increased use of disposable containers.
Student Experience in Dining Centers
Meal Plans Start Date
Meal plan service will begin on Sunday, August 15.
- MarketPointe @ Siddall (dine-in)
- Stadium View (dine-in and carryout)
- CenterCourt (dine-in)
- On the Green (OTG) - (dine-in)
- Mick & Mack’s (carryout and Grab & Go)
- DAAP Cafe (Grab & Go)
- Blue Ash Bleecker Street Cafe (meal exchange)
At all dining center stations, associates will provide full service, with a complete meal including dessert. Students can expect the wide variety of menu items that we typically would provide. Menus will vary daily at every dining center, with pre-made, served-to-order, and prepared-to-order hot item choices.
- Served-to-order items will include items such as comfort foods, pizza, True Balance allergen-free* foods, stir-fry, vegan and vegetarian foods.
- Prepared-to-order items will include grill sandwiches, and entrée salads, to name a few.
- Student favorites, such as freshly-made waffles and soft-serve ice cream will also be available as self-served items. And popular theme days, such as Chicken Tender Tuesdays at MarketPointe, and others will be offered.
- Mick & Mack’s in TUC will provide a meal plan alternative, with grab-and-go options, as well as a full-hot meal buffet, served by associates and available as carry-out.
Dining Center Service Guidelines
- Dining Services will follow the mask guidelines described on UC's public health website.
- Follow floor markings and queueing throughout the dining center.
- In those dining centers offering a dine-in option, tables and chairs will be arranged to provide proper distancing, and occupancy will reflect current health and safety regulations.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available for guest use. For the safety of other guests and employees, students are encouraged to clean up all trash and spills before leaving their tables.
Dine-in options on the Uptown Campus include four traditional dining centers (MarketPointe@Siddall, CenterCourt, Stadium View Cafe and On the Green), and carryout at Stadium View Cafe and Mick & Mack's in Tangeman University Center.
Bleecker Street Cafe on the UC Blue Ash Campus will also allow dine-in.
Density capacity will set to the current CDC guidelines, and may be altered if those guidelines change.
New Seating Available
UC’s dining centers and eateries have always been more than just a place to have a meal. Students have gathered with friends and classmates to socialize, relax and study. The ability for students to share meals in this manner is more important than ever with limited face-to-face classes.
To provide students more options for comfortable eating, socializing and study, additional seating will be available in Catskeller, Level 1, TUC.
Your Voice Matters
As we have learned thus far in the pandemic, regulations and health requirements may change service operations during the semester. There are several resources available to keep up-to-date on the services being provided. Communications are sent to UC student email accounts of meal plan holders on a regular basis. We also share information on our webpage and social media accounts. @UofCincyDining Twitter and Instagram accounts will provide information about events, nutritional guidance and service updates. Students, family, faculty and staff are encouraged to follow these accounts to provide feedback and ask questions.
Dining Services encourages students and families to stay connected with our staff via a variety of communication forums. Our Voice of the Customer survey is linked from our feedback page as well as posted at all our locations. You can also send questions or feedback to email@example.com.