2020-21 Dining Guide
The opportunity to deliver enriching and nourishing dining experiences to students and the university community is a privilege and responsibility to which UC Dining Services is committed. The health and safety of our guests and employees demands thoughtful planning and rigorous operational standards.
The 2020-21 Dining plan is based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other governing agencies that is customized to meet or exceed the needs of all of our guests and employees as they return to campus. Updates will be made to this guidance as regulations change, as new programs and policies are developed, and as feedback is received.
If health agency regulations and university guidance are updated through the semester, requiring changes in service, hours of operation, or announcements, information will be provided on the Food Services home page, and this page.
While the following information is focused primarily on the Clifton campus, meal plan swipes will continue to be available at the Blue Ash campus café, which will follow all safety and seating guidelines as described below.
Red Pass Status Dining Guide
If you receive Red Pass status on the COVID Check App, someone from COVID Check will contact you within 24-48 hours to review your status and determine next steps. More information about this process is available on the UC Public Heath Website. While waiting for instructions from the COVID Check staff, you are permitted to leave your room to pick up a carry-out meal from Mick and Mack's Cafe. Please read the following guide for more details:
- Mick and Mack's Cafe is the only location where students with red pass status are able to pick up a meal
- Please follow all safety protocols including wearing a mask, social distancing and limiting the number of times you leave your room to what is strictly essential
- Please enter and exit Mick and Mack's through the patio doors on MainStreet
- Continental breakfast items are available for pickup upon request during dinner period, 7 days a week
- Express meal pick-up only for Red Pass Status Students from 4:30 p.m. - 7 p.m. on the weekdays
- Hours of operation: Monday - Sunday: Lunch 10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Dinner 4:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- If you have any additional questions, please contact email@example.com
Quarantine & Isolation Meal Services Guide
UC Food Services is ready to help you get through your quarantine or isolation status, please see below for details regarding what to expect:
- Meal delivery is available if you are assigned to University Quarantine & Isolation housing in Schneider, CRC, or Hampton Inn
- The cost of meal delivery is included in the cost of your meal plan. If you do not have a meal plan, you have the option to opt in or out of meal delivery services at the cost of $10 per meal. These charges will be applied to your student account. Please reply to the "opt-in or opt-out" email to ensure your meal delivery not delayed
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any special dietary requests
- Within 24-48 hours of arrival to your room, you will receive an email from campus dining to preview menus and complete a survey with your selections for the upcoming week.
- UC campus dining will deliver meals outside your door and knock to let you know food has been delivered. Meals are delivered at the following times: Breakfast 8-8:30 a.m. Lunch 12-12:30 p.m. Dinner 5-5:30 p.m.
- Please follow the guidance you receive from COVID Check, UC Housing, and CARE Team staff regarding the requirements of your quarantine or isolation stay. More information can be found here: https://www.uc.edu/publichealth/testing/quarantine.html
Health & Safety
UC Dining services has taken great care to develop safety protocols and training for employees to ensure the highest standards of safety, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Expectations of all employees
- Facial coverings required for all employees
- Daily temperature screenings
- Handwashing and replacing gloves at least every 20 minutes
- Tables and chairs will be sanitized at escalated frequency during service hours.
- Shields and guards will protect serving areas and cashier stands.
- Signage and graphics placed to guide spacing.
- All food will be served by employees; self-service will be limited to pre-packaged foods and fountain beverages.
- Trash receptacles monitored and emptied regularly to manage increased use of disposable containers.
Student Experience in Dining Centers
Meal Plans Start Date
Spring meal plan is active now!
- MarketPointe @ Siddall (dine-in and takeout)
- Stadium View (dine-in and takeout)
- CenterCourt (dine-in and takeout)
- On the Green (OTG), (dine-in and takeout)
- Mick & Mack’s (takeout only)
At all dining center stations, associates will provide full service, with a complete meal including dessert, and takeout available. Students can still expect the wide variety of menu items that we typically would provide, however the service style of all items will be modified so that all items are served by staff. Menus will vary daily at every dining center, with pre-made, served-to-order, and prepared-to-order hot item choices.
- Pre-made items may include fresh salads or deli sandwiches.
- Served-to-order items will include items such as comfort foods, pizza, True Balance allergen-free* foods, stir-fry, vegan and vegetarian foods.
- Prepared-to-order items will include grill sandwiches, and entrée salads, to name a few.
- Student favorites, such as freshly-made waffles and soft-serve ice cream will also be available as staff-served items. And popular theme days, such as Chicken Tender Tuesdays at MarketPointe, and others will be offered.
- Mick & Mack’s in TUC will provide a meal plan alternative, with grab-and-go options, as well as a full-hot meal buffet, served by associates and available as carry-out.
How the Residential Plan Works
Meal plan holders will be able to access dining centers one time every two (2) hours during service hours. For example, a meal plan holder swipes the Unlimited Meal Plan at 8:15 a.m., they will be able to swipe again any time after 10:15 a.m.. The 2-hour intervals are based on the time that a meal swipe is redeemed.
Dining Center Service Guidelines
- Keeping with the university policy, students will be expected to wear face coverings in the dining centers, except when eating.
- Follow floor markings and queueing throughout the dining center.
- In those dining centers offering a dine-in option, tables and chairs will be arranged to provide proper distancing, and occupancy will reflect current health and safety regulations.
- Sanitizer wipes and hand sanitizer stations will be available for guest use. For the safety of other guests and employees, students are encouraged to clean up all trash and spills before leaving their tables.
Service will be a combination of carry-out and limited dine-in options and will be subject to change.
Dine-in options on the Uptown Campus include four traditional dining centers (MarketPointe@Siddall, CenterCourt, Stadium View Cafe and On the Green) as well as the Bleeker Street Cafe on the UC Blue Ash Campus. Mick and Mack's restaurant in Tangeman University Center will be converted to residential dining, primarily carry-out.
Density capacity will be no more than 50% of normal occupancy with 6 feet between tables.
New Seating Available
UC’s dining centers and eateries have always been more than just a place to have a meal. Students have gathered with friends and classmates to socialize, relax and study. The ability for students to share meals in this manner is more important than ever with limited face-to-face classes.
To provide students more options for comfortable eating, socializing and study, additional seating will be available:
- Campus Recreation Center gymnasium, adjacent to CenterCourt
- Great Hall and meeting room 400, located on Level 4 of Tangeman University Center
Your Voice Matters
As we have learned thus far in the pandemic, regulations and health requirements may change service operations during the semester. There are several resources available to keep up-to-date on the services being provided. Communications are sent to UC student email accounts of meal plan holders on a regular basis. We also share information on our webpage and social media accounts. @UofCincyDining Twitter and Instagram accounts will provide information about events, nutritional guidance and service updates. Students, family, faculty and staff are encouraged to follow these accounts to provide feedback and ask questions.
Dining Services encourages students and families to stay connected with our staff via a variety of communication forums. Our Voice of the Customer survey is linked from our feedback page as well as posted at all our locations. You can also send questions or feedback to email@example.com.