UHP Ambassador Leadership Team
The UHP Ambassador Team is the latest of new pre-approved experiences, which was developed as a result of a few UHP Ambassadors seeking more involvement and a greater impact on the UHP community. As a small group of leaders within the UHP Ambassadors team. they strive to cultivate a supportive and engaging community of UHP Ambassadors. They lead a number of events throughout the year to strengthen the UHP community while supporting UHP's goals related to creating an inclusive community of motivated students. They also assist improving the logistics and training of UHP Ambassadors throughout the year.
- Must be in good standing with the University Honors Program
- Must maintain an updated learning portfolio
- Must have one completed year as a UHP Ambassador
- Students who intend to be away from campus (co-op, study abroad, etc.) during the year of the experience will commit to the responsibilities and initiatives of this experience throughout the year. During those semesters, the Leadership Team member(s) will lead virtual initiatives, communication, and logistics.
- Meet twice each semester including summer for planning, leadership development, and reflection
- Lead an Ambassador Family of 5-8 Ambassadors that will conduct at least 2 community-building events for UHP Ambassadors and 2 social events for the UHP community or UHP outreach to campus community per semester
- Plan at least three Ambassador social events per year: Fall Welcome, Winter Celebration and Spring Welcome (transition of new ambassadors)
- Plan a UHP transition student social event.
- Assist/attend full UHP Ambassador team meetings.
- Assist with logistics and communication as appropriate
- Represent UHP Ambassadors on panels, committees, and other select opportunities
- Attend events or participate in initiatives with the same level of expectations as all UHP Ambassadors
Email the UHP Ambassador advisor, Jason Autry, to express your interest. This is a full-year experience beginning in summer and concluding in spring with the transition to the new UHP Ambassador Leadership Team.