Welcome Experience Leaders
The UHP Welcome Experience gives incoming first year students the opportunity to connect, build community, engage and learn more about UHP during their first few months here at UC. As a student-led program, all student leaders must satisfy the following requirements.
- Be in good standing with the UHP
- Have at least one Honors experience completed or in progress
- Must have availability to meet regularly during the summer (this will be done virtually)
Welcome Experience Coordinators
TThe UHP Welcome Experience Coordinators guide and supervise the UHP Welcome Experience Mentors in addition to the planning and execution of the program itself. This will count as one honors experience and will start March-October.
- One hour Bi-Weekly planning meetings with UHP Welcome Experience team starting February through April
- One two hour training in March
- Regular weekly meetings usually lasting one hour during the summer (May-July)
- Plan training for Welcome Experience Mentors with other coordinators
- Meet/Train with your assigned Welcome Experience Mentors
- Answer and be a resource to Mentors and first year students throughout the experience
Welcome Experience Mentors
- Three trainings being held in the months of May, June and July
- 1 Day Welcome Event in August
- Minimum of three meetings with assigned small group
- Participation on student panels
- Available resource to members of small group
If you have any questions about either of these pre-approved Honors experience, please contact Bria Howard at email@example.com.
UHP Welcome Experience Mentors connect, welcome and mentor a small group of incoming first-year students via group meetings and individual mentorship. This will count as one pre-approved honors experience. The experience/trainings will begin in May and will concluded in October 2022.
The application for the Welcome Experience Mentors is now OPEN and will close April 8 at 11:59pm!