To earn the University Honor Scholar designation upon graduation, students must successfully complete the following:
- Five honors experiences (designated honors seminars, pre-approved experiences or self-designed experiences)
- Maintain an online learning portfolio, including an annual Year in Review reflection
- Meet with a UHP advisor for first-year, mid-point and final year honors advising
- Earn a grade of C- or higher in Gateway to University Honors (HNRS1010)
- Have a cumulative University GPA of 3.2 or above. Student who have a cumulative University GPA of 3.75 or above will receive the designation of Distinguished University Honors Scholar.
- All requirements must be completed while you are an undergraduate student.
Graduates receive a UHP medal to wear during UC’s Commencement ceremonies, representing completion of this signature academic program. This designation will also appear on your official UC transcript.
|Requirements||First Year||Second Year||Third Year||By Graduation|
|Courses||Gateway to University Honors (HNRS1010)||Honors Intermediate Composition (ENGL2089) strongly recommended to fulfill 1 experience.||---||---|
|Experiences||1 Experience||2 Experiences||3 Experiences||5 Experiences|
|Learning Portfolio||Create learning portfolio in HNRS1010. Update information, showcase experiences, and complete year-in-review by June 5.||Update information, showcase experiences, and complete year-in-review by June 5.||Update information, showcase experiences, and complete year-in-review by June 5.||Update information and showcase experiences. The year-in-review is required by each June 5 through the summer prior to graduation.|
|UHP Advising||Meet with your UHP advisor for first-year advising.||Meet with your UHP advisor for mid-point advising.||Meet with your UHP advisor for final year advising.|
|GPA||Earn a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.||Earn a minimum 3.1 cumulative GPA.||Earn a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA.||Earn a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA.|
Important Notes: Unless specified otherwise, requirements must be completed/earned by the end of summer term or graduation.
Also, if you are in a dual undergraduate/graduate program (for example, 5+1, 3+3, 4+1) or are a pre-pharmacy major, you must complete the UHP requirements while you are an undergraduate student. ACCEND students are not included in this. If you are unclear if this pertains to you, please see your advisor.