Students new to UC
- You must have confirmed your admission offer from UC (this means you have to send in your matriculation fee before applying for housing).
- Incoming freshmen may begin applying for fall semester beginning the first week of March. In addition, you must submit a completed and signed Housing Agreement and pay a room reservation fee of $75.
Current UC Students
- You must be a registered student in order to be eligible to live on campus.
- Current students may begin applying for the next academic year mid-January through March (Contract Renewal).
Housing Agreements cannot be processed until the reservation fee is received. The $75 reservation fee is a non-refundable processing fee.
You will not automatically receive a copy of the Housing Application with Terms and Conditions if you requested housing information when you submitted your admission information to the university. Link to a PDF version of the Housing Terms and Conditions.
- Our phone system allows for a callback request if you do not want to wait.
- We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to respond to inquiries during this busy time. If you have left a callback request on our phone system, be assured you will remain in the queue until we have contacted you.
- If you have already submitted a contact request, review additional frequently asked questions and other topics on Applying FAQ or Resources.
This can happen for several reasons. Assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis based on your completed application date. The later you apply, the less likely you are to get your top choice in hall communities.
Returning residents who applied but did not complete self-assignment during the priority period were placed into available space. Another common error is selecting only one community with the thought that selecting only one means you would only be assigned to that community. If more people request a hall than there are spaces for students to occupy, you may be assigned to whatever hall is available based on gender
After the Application closes for any given semester, students may request to be placed on a wait list. Cancellations and occupancy levels are monitored on a weekly basis. If space becomes available, University Housing will contact students from the wait list in the order submitted and invite them to apply.
If space does not become available for fall semester, wait-listed students will be able to apply in September for the following semester.
Students who begin on-campus living in January, for the spring semester, will be included in the Contract Renewal process for the following academic year housing to be conducted in January.
Wait-listed students will receive periodic updates from HFS via email, sent to their respective UC email accounts.
If you are still in need of housing, we encourage you to begin the process to secure off-campus housing. Below are few links to aid your search:
- Private listings
- Short-term housing
- Housing search portal from Student Government
- The Student Government of the University of Cincinnati has partnered with a company to provide housing listings of nearby available properties. As with any other postings on our website, these listings are provided as one source of information for those who are seeking housing and should not be considered an endorsement. Confirmation of the information provided with the property manager is strongly encouraged.
The priority application deadline for fall semester is typically The first week of May. All applications received by the set date will be in the first assignment processing. Applications received after the set date will be in subsequent assignment processing. Assignments are made based on the week the completed application is received. Housing applications are not complete until the $75 fee is paid.
Students may indicate first, second, and third floor and hall preferences on your Housing Application. University Housing will make every effort to accommodate your choices.
Please be aware that room assignments are made on a first-come/first-served basis. Find out more about the where you may wish to live in the Communities menu.
- Your log in credentials are your UC username (6+2) and password (same credentials as your email or Catalyst log in, for example).
- It can take up 72 hrs. after you confirm with the university before your information imports into the housing information system.
- “My session has timed out” is the error message received if trying to access the housing application before the student profile has loaded into the housing system.
- If you do not know your password, University Housing office is not able to reset it. The student will need to reset their password via the self-service option in Catalyst or UC Help Desk.
If you have left the application before you have gone through the payment process (via TouchNet), or it times out, you will need to request a reset of your shopping cart.
To avoid the cart being locked, ensure you have payment information, as well as a parent (if under 18) with you as you finalize the application.
Phase 1 - Complete Application
- Complete the housing application by agreeing to the Housing Terms and Conditions
- Pay the $75 application fee
- Review accessibility accommodation process
- Review information regarding the University immunization policy
- Submit Living Learning Community (LLC) interest form (optional)
- Review the details of the All-Access Meal Plan
- Create a roommate profile, search for roommates & create roommate groups (optional)
You will not select your room until the time period specified inthe calendar above. Information on room selection is sent to your UC e-mail address in late spring.
Phase 2 - Room Selection
Phase 3 - Move-in Appointment
No, your application fee can be rolled over to the next semester. This in not an automatic process, please contact Univesity Housing at 513-556-6461 to have the payment applied to the current semester's housing application.