Students new to UC
- You must have confirmed your admission offer from UC (this means you have to send in your matriculation fee before applying for housing).
- Incoming freshmen may begin applying for fall semester beginning the first week of March. In addition, you must submit a completed and signed Housing Agreement and pay a room reservation fee of $150.
Current UC Students
- You must be a registered student in order to be eligible to live on campus.
- Current students may begin applying for the next academic year mid-January through March (Contract Renewal).
Housing Agreements cannot be processed until the reservation fee is received. Fifty dollars of the $150 reservation fee is a non-refundable processing fee. The remaining $100 will be held as a security deposit against damages and if you fulfill your contractual agreement, and you have caused no damage to your room, it will be refunded within thirty days of your contract termination date.
You will not automatically receive a copy of the Housing Application with Terms and Conditions if you requested housing information when you submitted your admission information to the university. Link to a PDF version of the Housing Terms and Conditions.
The priority application deadline for fall semester is typically May 1. All applications received by the set date will be in the first assignment processing. Applications received after the set date will be in subsequent assignment processing. Assignments are made based on the received date of the application. Housing applications are not complete until the $150 deposit is paid.
Students may indicate first, second, and third floor and hall preferences on your Housing Application. University Housing will make every effort to accommodate your choices.
Please be aware that room assignments are made on a first-come/first-served basis. Find out more about the where you may wish to live in the Communities menu.
This can happen for several reasons. Assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis based on your completed application date. The later you apply, the less likely you are to get your top choice in hall communities.
Returning residents who applied but did not complete self-assignment during the priority period were placed into available space. Another common error is selecting only one community with the thought that selecting only one means you would only be assigned to that community. If more people request a hall than there are spaces for students to occupy, you may be assigned to whatever hall is available based on gender
After the Application closes for any given semester, students may request to be placed on a wait list. Cancellations and occupancy levels are monitored on a weekly basis. If space becomes available, University Housing will contact students from the wait list in the order submitted and invite them to apply.
If space does not become available for fall semester, wait-listed students will be able to apply in September for the following semester.
Students who begin on-campus living in January, for the spring semester, will be included in the Contract Renewal process for the following academic year housing to be conducted in January.
Wait-listed students will receive periodic updates from HFS via email, sent to their respective UC email accounts.
If you are still in need of housing, we encourage you to begin the process to secure off-campus housing. Below are few links to aid your search:
- Private listings
- Short-term housing
- Housing search portal from Student Government
- The Student Government of the University of Cincinnati has partnered with a company to provide housing listings of nearby available properties. As with any other postings on our website, these listings are provided as one source of information for those who are seeking housing and should not be considered an endorsement. Confirmation of the information provided with the property manager is strongly encouraged.