Senator Place Relocations
We are excited to announce that the tenants living in Senator Place buildings 6 and 3 will be moving to the newly renovated apartments in buildings 1 and 2. These units have been refreshed with all new appliances, fixtures and flooring. Tenants who are moving will pay the same rental rate for their new apartments for the rest of the 2021-2022 term.
Apartment Tour Videos
More information is forthcoming. We'll provide updates here as they are available.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Tenants in building 6 can begin moving on January 5. Tenants in building 3 can begin moving on February 1. Moving assistance will be provided for tenants from building 6 on Saturday, January 29 and for building 3 on Saturday, February 5.
Have one of the tenants from your apartment email our office by Monday, January 24 at noon if you need moving assistance. We need the following information:
- Current apartment number
- Name, UC email address and phone number
Tenants moving from building 6 will move to the unit in the same location in building 1. Tenants moving from building 3 will move to the unit in the same location in building 2.
The kitchen appliances (fridge, stove/oven range and dishwasher), sinks and cabinets have been replaced. Bathrooms have new vanities, tubs/showers and toilets. The new flooring is luxury vinyl tile (LVT).
Boxes are being provided free of charge:
- Boxes for tenants in building 6 have been placed in the building's basement.
- Please limit the number to five boxes per person for now. We can order more if this is not sufficient.
- These boxes can be folded shut so no tape is needed.
- Boxes for tenants in building 3 will be delivered by the last week of January.
- Contact the RAM on duty at 513-666-1568 if additional boxes are needed.
Moving assistance will be provided for furniture, large items and boxed items. Tenants are responsible for moving fragile items.
Due to COVID concerns, moving assistance for building 1 will be provided after January 24, the date classes transition from remote to in-person.
The moving assistance dates will be included on this web page once they are confirmed.
Yes, the deposit is transferred to the new apartment minus any cleaning, damage, missing keys or furniture removal fees. In this case, tenants will be responsible for paying the amount to bring the deposit back to $500.
- Follow University protocols regarding the use of facial coverings and social distancing.
- Practice good hygiene.
- Don't allow sick people to help you move. This includes people who have tested positive for COVID without any symptoms.
- Use caution when lifting and transporting heavy items.
- Unprop unattended apartment and exterior doors.
Complete the following departure tasks:
- Remove all personal belongings, food and debris from the kitchen, bathroom, living room, bedrooms and balcony/patio.
- Dispose of trash and unwanted items in the dumpster.
- Do a final inspection to ensure that everything has been removed. Pay special attention to drawers, cabinets, closets, closets and the refrigerator.
- Submit an online Change of Address form to the US Postal Service. Change your delivery addresses for Amazon and other online stores.
- Return your keys to Uptown Rentals located at 2718 Vine Street.
No, tenants will need to relocate to their newly assigned apartments. There will be water shutdowns, noise and dust during the renovation process.
Apartment Tricks and Tips
Yes. The exhaust fan is in a different location than your previous apartment: Press the microwave VENT FAN button. The air will flow through the vent is above the microwave.
- Scrape large food particle off dishes and utensils.
- Load the racks, avoiding overcrowding with too many dishes or including items that are not dishwasher safe.
- Use a detergent designed specifically for dishwashers. Don't use dish soap.
- Select the cycle and start the machine.
- Remove dishes after the washing and drying is complete.
- Keep track of whether or not dishes in the machine are clean to avoid putting dirty dishes away.