Senator Place Relocations
We are excited to announce that all apartments at 222 Senator Place will be renovated by the end of the 2022-2023 lease cycle. These units have been refreshed with all new appliances, cabinets, fixtures and flooring.
Renovations in buildings 4 and 5 (34-55) will begin in August 2022. Tenants living in building 7 (67-73) for the 2022-2023 school year will be required to relocate in January.
Apartment Tour Videos
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Tenants living in building 7 will relocate to either building 4 or 5 after the renovations in those buildings are finished. We anticipate that the moves will take place in January. Specifics will be included on this page once they are available.
Yes, moving boxes will be provided to tenants moving during the middle of the year.
Renovations of building 4 and 5 will be finished by the end of the fall semester. Apartments will be ready to be occupied in January. Further information will be posted on this page once the information is confirmed,
The kitchen appliances (fridge, stove/oven range and dishwasher), sinks and cabinets have been replaced. Bathrooms have new vanities, tubs/showers and toilets. The new flooring is luxury vinyl tile (LVT).
Moving assistance is available for tenants required to relocate during the middle of the year. Movers will help with furniture, large items and boxed items. Tenants will be responsible for moving fragile items.
The moving assistance dates will be included on this web page once they are confirmed.
Yes, the deposit is transferred to the new apartment minus any cleaning, damage, missing keys or furniture removal fees. In this case, tenants will be responsible for paying the amount to bring the deposit back to $500.
- Follow University protocols regarding the use of facial coverings and social distancing.
- Practice good hygiene.
- Don't allow sick people to help you move. This includes people who have tested positive for COVID without any symptoms.
- Use caution when lifting and transporting heavy items.
- Unprop unattended apartment and exterior doors.
Complete the following departure tasks:
- Remove all personal belongings, food and debris from the kitchen, bathroom, living room, bedrooms and balcony/patio.
- Dispose of trash and unwanted items in the dumpster.
- Do a final inspection to ensure that everything has been removed. Pay special attention to drawers, cabinets, closets, closets and the refrigerator.
- Submit an online Change of Address form to the US Postal Service. Change your delivery addresses for Amazon and other online stores.
- Return your keys to Uptown Rentals located at 2718 Vine Street.
No, tenants will need to relocate to their newly assigned apartments. There will be water shutdowns, noise and dust during the renovation process.
Apartment Tricks and Tips
Yes. The exhaust fan is in a different location than your previous apartment: Press the microwave VENT FAN button. The air will flow through the vent is above the microwave.
- Scrape large food particle off dishes and utensils.
- Load the racks, avoiding overcrowding with too many dishes or including items that are not dishwasher safe.
- Use a detergent designed specifically for dishwashers. Don't use dish soap.
- Select the cycle and start the machine.
- Remove dishes after the washing and drying is complete.
- Keep track of whether or not dishes in the machine are clean to avoid putting dirty dishes away.