The Eden Grad Units
Apartment inspections are conducted on a quarterly basis The fall inspections will take place between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. from Thursday, November 11-Friday, November 19. Uptown Rentals will notify you the date they will be coming to your apartment when it gets closer to the inspection dates.
Tenants are expected to maintain acceptable standards of cleanliness to prevent issues like pests and other concerns that impact the health and safety of current and future tenants.
Maintenance technicians will be looking to ensure that the following conditions are met:
- Clutter and food waste is removed from all rooms
- Dishes are clean
- Food is stored in sealed bag or container
- Floor surfaces are clean and in good condition
- Trash doesn’t have perishable food waste and is not overflowing
- Bathroom surfaces and fixtures (toilet, sink, tub) are clean
- Kitchen surfaces and fixtures are clean (stove, sink)
You do not have to be present during these inspections. Participation in this program is mandatory as per the Eden Grad Sublease. You will be notified if there are issues that need to be addressed with a timeframe for addressing them.
There are many resources you can review if you don't know how to start cleaning or what items you need. Apartmentlist.com and NYrentownsell.com are examples of blogs with comprehensive lists of necessary supplies and equipment as well as cleaning instructions for each room.
- Keep your apartment clean to prevent pest infestations.
- Dump perishable trash down the trash chute rather than leaving it in your apartment.
- Together we can make The Eden a comfortable place to live.
The Eden Grad studio units contain the following pieces of furniture:
- Double bed (junior loft height)
- Small end table
- Two soft chairs that can be pushed together to make a couch
All furniture must be kept in the apartment. Tenants will be responsible for replacement if furniture is lost or damaged.
Non-Emergency Maintenance Requests
- Submit requests through the Uptown Rentals resident portal. You can create an account using your UC email address.
- Call Uptown Rentals at 513-861-9394. Ask for the maintenance department if you are calling during the day. Follow the prompts to leave a message if you call after hours.
- Non-emergency requests submitted after business hours will be submitted the next business day.
Emergency Maintenance Requests
- Call Uptown Rentals at 513-861-9394 and ask for the maintenance department.
- Do submit emergency maintenance requests online or through email. They may not be reviewed immediately.
Examples of Emergencies
- Fire or smoke (call 911 and leave the apartment first)
- Major leak or sewage backup
- Break in (window or door is broken and security is compromised)
- You do not have heat when the outside temperature is below 55 degrees and your apartment temperature is below 64 degrees
Follow the steps below to assist with the prevention, containing and elimination of pest issues:
- Contact Uptown Rentals at 513-861-9394 as soon as you see pests. Give a thorough description of what you see and where you see it. Failing to report pests is one of the main reasons problems persist.
- Avoid using your own insect treatments. Bug spray will render professional treatments ineffective.
- Keep your apartment clean and clutter free.
- Dispose of food waste in the trash chute every day.
- Clean up spilled food and drinks on counters, floors, sinks, stovetops, other hard surfaces and in cabinets promptly.
- Store food in airtight containers.
- Get rid of cardboard boxes. Roaches are attracted to them. Plus, you could be carrying them from one place to another if you reuse these boxes when you move.
- Note that there will be a 7 to 14 day waiting period between treatments. Treating sooner than this is not necessary because the chemicals are still working.
Observe the following safety and security tips at the Eden:
- Keep apartment windows and doors locked. Close the blinds.
- Keep electronics and other valuables out of plain sight. Secure valuable items in a lockable drawer, safe, or bank safety deposit box.
- Maintain a list of serial numbers of these items so if they are stolen and recovered they can be recovered.
- Unprop exterior apartment doors. Notify Uptown Rentals at 513-861-9394 promptly if you find a broken window, set of blinds, lock or door in your apartment or in the complex.
- Purchase a local alarm that will sound loudly if an intruder tries to open a window or door.
Contact the Cincinnati District 5 Police Department at 513-569-8500 if you observe any suspicious behavior inside or around the perimeter of the complex.
You can also contact our office during business hours at 513-556-0682 or email@example.com if you have questions or concerns. The Resident Advisor (RA) on duty can be reached after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays, on University holidays, or over the weekend. The duty number is 513-550-7260.
The mailing address for The Eden is:
2912 Eden Ave #XX
Cincinnati, OH 45219
The exception is for apartments with their own exterior entrances. These addresses will be communicated separately to applicable tenants.
Amazon has notified Uptown Rentals that they will not deliver packages to The Eden and will return them to the sender. Have your Amazon packages sent to one of the following locations:
- Uptown Rentals Office - 2718 Vine Street (be sure to include your name and apt address)
- Amazon hub - 241 Calhoun Street
Note the following tips for keeping you and your vehicle safe:
- Lock your doors, and close your windows. Criminals look for opportunity; unlocked doors and open windows are easy opportunities.
- Avoid leaving your keys or key fobs in your car. It may be convenient, especially for those with a push-button ignition, but it leaves your car vulnerable to auto theft.
- Do not keep valuables, clothing, electronics, phone chargers or spare change in a visible place. Take them with you, or hide them in your vehicle before you arrive at your destination.
- A messy car is not a deterrent, and tinted windows will not prevent thieves from seeing your belongings.
- Sometimes there is a seasonal uptick to thefts. Cars that have been left packed overnight for an early morning trip or cars that have gifts inside are often targets.
- Never leave your car running unattended.
- Check on your vehicle if you are parking it for several days.
Contact the Cincinnati District 5 Police Department (CPD) at 513-569-8500 if you if you observe any suspicious behavior inside or around the complexes. Call 911 in the event of an emergency.
Parking passes must be purchased through Parking Services on a semesterly basis. Make sure your pass is visibly hung from the rear view mirror when you are parked in the garage. Any vehicle without a displayed hangtag is subject to tow.
Contact Uptown Rentals at 513-861-9394 if you have an issue with your parking or lose your hangtag.
The internet passwords for each complex are noted below. XX refers to your unit number.
The Eden Grad
Username: see router
Password: see router
Call Uptown Rentals at 513-861-9394 if you experience any problems with internet access or service.