Operations Assistants (OA) are students who assist with maintaining high standards for the physical conditions of the residence halls. They are vital to the success of the oversight of building operations.
- Conduct weekly inspections of residence halls to ensure that communal spaces are viewed on a regular cycle and resident spaces on an as needed basis. This includes doing walks through stairwells, hallways, restrooms and other common spaces.
- Collaborate with campus partners to ensure halls are well maintained, clean, safe, and secure for students and community members
- Complete room and apartment turnover inspections in anticipation of residence hall openingsCommunicate housekeeping and maintenance facility needs through proper channels
- Follow up on maintenance and housekeeping request statuses as needed
- Support management of various lockers and software systems managed by University Housing
- Lift, move and transport boxes of flyers, documents, linens and other materials using carts and University Housing vehicles
- Use proper communication channels, including but not limited to, UC emails, Teams chats, Microsoft 365 documents and EZ Turn
- Act as a representative of the University of Cincinnati and University Housing
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
Frequently Asked Questions
OAs must have the following qualifications:
- Enrollment in UC undergraduate or graduate program.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5.
It is strongly preferred that candidates have:
- Previously served as a Desk Assistant (DA), Neighborhood Operations Assistant (NOA) or Resident Advisor (RA.)
- Valid license to drive in Ohio.
While we prefer candidates to have one of these experiences, you can still apply if you have not held one of these jobs.
The priority deadline is Thursday, April 13 at 9 a.m. However, we will continue to accept applications until the positions are filled.