Student Organization and Advisor Resources

At the University of Cincinnati, we have over 600 registered student organizations. Although we have a diverse representation of student orgs, we also understand that we may not always have the perfect one for you. If you'd like to start a new student organization, please contact the Student Activities Board. 

Travel Documents

Trademarks & Licensing

The Office of Trademarks and Licensing is responsible for protecting and promoting the use of the University of Cincinnati's name and logos.

Financial Documents

Advisor Resources

An Advisor of a University of Cincinnati Student organization must be a member of the university community. This includes: administrators, faculty, staff, and graduate students only if it is part of their graduate assistantship to advise an organization.

At this time, we are building our advisor training, all advisors will be contacted October 2018. 

The Role of an Advisor

  • Mentor
  • Team Builder
  • Conflict Mediator
  • Reflective Agent
  • Educator
  • Motivator
  • Policy Interpreter

The above qualities represents a general description of the role and responsibilities of an advisor. The role of an advisor is negotiable and is based upon the shared needs and mission of the student organization.

Clery Act Responsibilities

As Campus Security Authorities Advisors are required to immediately report any Clery Act crimes, that they are made aware of, to the Clery Specialist:

Nicole Smith
Clery Specialist
51 W. Corry Blvd., 3 Edwards
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0215
Phone: 513-556-4996
Fax: 513-556-4940

Additional reporting duties are required for student trips and such trips needed to be reported to University Police. Details on the Clery Act can be found by visiting the public safety.