Sisters In Arms
Sisters in Arms is a recognition ceremony for all UC female student veterans. The ceremony takes place each year in March as part of Womens' History month. At the ceremony six women are honored for their accomplishments in and out of the classroom. Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to nominate female veterans to be recognized at the ceremony.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Sisters in Arms 2020 was postponed. However, we were able to have a virtual ceremony and we would like to recognize our winners:
Military Service: United States Air Force/Adolescent Staff Physician
University of Cincinnati College and Major: College of Law/Juris Doctor
· Medical Director for Girl Scouts Jamboree
· Provided education to local/rural high school students on adolescent sexuality issues.
· Volunteered as a Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) where she responded to emergencies involving infants and children to assist personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units.
· Volunteers as a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) where she provides information to the court about the best interest of abused or neglected children. CASA volunteers work by judicial appointment. They are assigned to a child who is the subject of a court case alleging abuse or neglect and are asked to help determine the living arrangement that is in the child's best interest.
Military Service: United States Army/74D Chemical, Biological, Radiological & Nuclear (CBRN) Specialist
University of Cincinnati College and Major: College of Engineering/Civil Engineering
· Habitat for Humanity Build Days
· People Working Collectively
· Junior Achievement
Military Service: United States Air Force/Developmental Engineer
University of Cincinnati College and Major: College of Arts & Sciences/Cell & Molecular Biology
· Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Dog Therapy Program
· University of Cincinnati Peer Leader
· Supporter of non-profit that helps veterans cope with PTSD
Military Service: United States Army/71A Microbiologist
University of Cincinnati College and Major: College of Medicine/ Pathology & Laboratory Medicine.
Military Service: United States Army/68C Practical Nursing Specialist
University of Cincinnati College and Major: University of Cincinnati Blue Ash/Nursing Technology
· University of Cincinnati Blue Ash Sisters in Arms Secretary
Briana Harper: College of Business
Kayla Sammons: UC Blue Ash
Vanessa Morrow: College of Business
Samantha Roberts: UC Blue Ash
Pandora Sainz: College of Arts & Sciences