New Student Convocation
August 17 - 21, 2020
New Student Convocation is the official welcome into the University of Cincinnati community for all first time Bearcats.
Convocation 2020 was held virtually over 5 days during Welcome Week. Please click the links below to view all segments of the ceremony.
Monday, August 17, 2020
- Welcome from Gregory Loving, Faculty Chair
- Student Body President Logan Lindsay shares words of wisdom and the Bearcat Bond
Tuesday, August 18, 2020
Student Speakers offer advice, share stories, and welcome incoming Bearcats.
- Zoe Stallings - "Remember to Forget"
- Avery Abraham - "Delta X"
- Sheffi Tiwari - "Home Away From Home"
- Daniel Posmik - "Resilience"
- Erica Middleton - "Lower case to CAPS LOCK"
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
Inspirational and motiviating words from UC Athletics.
- John Cunningham, Director of Athletics
- Michelle Clark-Heard, Head Coach, Women's Basketball
- Scott Googins, Head Coach, Baseball
- John Brannen, Head Coach, Men's Basketball
Thursday, August 20, 2020
- Join the Student Orientation Leaders (SOLs) you met through Orientation to learn UC Traditions
- Student Alumni Council (SAC) introduces Red & Black Book
Friday, August 21, 2020
- President Neville Pinto welcomes new Bearcats
- Welcome from Ronald D. Brown, Chairman, Board of Trustees