As we pursue the Next Lives Here vision, we are charged to boldly go after the limits of what is possible and usher in a new era of innovation and impact. It is that call to action that propels us forward and yet keeps us grounded in a simple principle…Do the Right Thing. Help us shape the Boldly Bearcat experience at UC and show your commitment by joining in and sharing the activities below which are open to all faculty, staff and students.
Risk Management Month
Schedule of Events
- November 5
- Message from UC Chief Risk Officer
- 12:30pm Mentimeter Trivia - Risk Management Monday (5 mins)
- Submit <1 minute video with your personal response to the prompt Why Doing the Right Thing Matters. Submissions will be accepted through 5pm November 23.
- Submit proposal (2 page max.) for a UC Risk Control Award funded by ERM up to $1000. Submissions will be accepted through 5pm November 23.
- Submit annual Risk Awareness Survey
- All faculty/staff should receive an email with a link to the survey today! Survey will remain open through November 18.
- November 6
- 12:30pm: Mentimeter Trivia – Information Security Tuesday (5 mins)
- 1pm: Risk Council/ERM Awards Presentation (90 mins)
- November 7
- 12:30pm: Mentimeter Trivia - Student Wellness Wednesday (5 mins)
- November 8
- 12:30pm: Mentimeter Trivia - Research Integrity Thursday (5 mins)
- November 28, December 5 and 12 (1-2pm EST)
- URMIA provides programming every Wednesday in November each year to highlight the importance of risk management at institutions of higher education. Everyone is welcome to participate FREE! The 2018 topics will include: Opioids, Student Suicide and Whistle-blowers, more details to be announced soon.
- ERM Rules & Tools Class - December 5
- 1:30pm: ERM Rules & Tools Course (2 hours)
- Interested in learning 4 easy steps to implement ERM in your unit? Course taught by UC's Chief Risk Officer provides risk management tools that help protect UC’s people, brand, assets, and value.
Sign up by logging in to Success Factors, type ERM Rules & Tools in the Find Learning box, click View Course Dates and Register Now.
Enter your UC M# on each of the contests to be eligible to win $100 Visa Gift Card in the following categories:
- Daily trivia winners - 1st and 2nd place
- Video Contest
- Most compelling
- Most creative
- Best promotion of risk management
- Two random drawings for completing Risk Awareness Survey
- One random drawing from participants in the 1st ERM Rules & Tools class
- UC Faculty, Staff or Unit(s):
- ERM Champion
- Best ERM Engagement
- Best Practice for Loss Prevention
- Student Organization(s)
- Up to $1000 Loss Control Award