COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
UC International invites UC internationally-focused student organizations to outline and submit a proposal for an opportunity to receive funding for campus events that support international students at UC.
UC International will fund the event, but will not provide on-site event support. The student organizations are required to host the proposed event. They must organize all logistics before, during, and after the event to secure a successful event experience for UC international students.
The event has to meet the following basic criteria:
- The event must take place on campus
- Event must be hosted by a partnership of at least two international student organizations
- The event must be open to the general student population, not just students within the hosting group
- Event hosts must propose a creative way to get domestic students to attend the event
- Request for funding must be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to the anticipated event date
- Funding requests must not exceed $3,000 USD per event
- The expected attendance for each event must be more than 250 people
- UC International must be identified as a sponsor of the event
- Funds cannot be used for alcohol, fundraising money, or anything that might be in violation of university policies
- UC International will not sign contracts for the event
1. Submit an Event Funding Proposal Form.
UC International cannot accept every proposal; therefore, funding is not guaranteed. Once you submit a proposal:
- The budget committee will review your proposal and contact you to discuss your budget and event in detail.
- Final decisions will be made and you will be notified about the funding amount.
- Keep in mind that UC International cannot sign contracts for your event.
2. Agree to UC International's sponsorship requirements.
- Only post and circulate promotional material that has been approved by UC International.
- Keep all receipts to submit for proof of money spent.
- Track attendance at the event.
- Write a summary of the event.
Failure to meet these requirements will make your group ineligible for future funding for one year.
3. Market your event and purchase needed items.
- UC International can help you plan and market this event.
- UC International will work closely with the student organizations to discuss the process of payment for the items needed for the event.
- This process will be outlined with the student organizations upon confirmation of the proposal request.
- UC International will not sign contracts for your event.