COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
Visiting Student Program
What is the Visiting Students Program or VSP?
The Visiting Student Program is offered to all interested international students during the Fall and Spring Semesters. VSP participants pay tuition and fees directly to the University of Cincinnati.
UC operates on a semester calendar. There are 15 weeks in one semester, beginning in late August and ending in December (Fall semester), and beginning early January and ending late April (Spring semester). VSP program participants must enroll full time (12 credit hours at the undergraduate level and 10 credit hours at the graduate level).
How do I apply?
To request access to the Visiting Student Program application, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. In the email, include the following information:
- your desired field of study,
- certification that you have the required English proficiency documents,
- and evidence of a GPA of 3.0 or higher on the U.S. grading scale.
Note: UC will only accept electronic copies of your supporting documents in Adobe PDF format. All documents should be submitted with the application once you are granted access.
Program Application Deadlines
- Fall Semester: April 1
- Spring Semester: October 1
What are my course options?
Students can apply for courses of study in most University of Cincinnati colleges. The decision to admit a student to the VSP will be made by the academic college.
What should a completed application include?
- A completed application (you will be sent a link for this)
- A Financial Certification Form
- A bank statement or an official letter from your bank stating that you have financial support
- An academic record or transcript (with a GPA of 3.0 or above)
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- A Statement of Purpose
- A copy of the biographical information page of your passport
What are the language requirements for the VSP Program?
- To participate in American Identity and Politics a TOEFL score of 66 or higher is required, or the equivalent for IELTS and Pearson.
- For all other VSP programs a TOEFL score of 79 or higher is required or the equivalent for IELTS and Pearson.
- The following countries meet the English Language Requirement:
- Grand Caymen
- Irish Republic
- New Zealand
- St. Kitts
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent Grenadines
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- Virgin Islands