DAAP hosts third annual DAAPX Symposium virtually
Date: April 14, 2021 starts live at 10 a.m. ET
Location: Virtual | Register
Presentations happen throughout the day in the following blocks of time:
UC alumni, friends and community members are invited to a virtual day of fast-paced, TEDtalk-style presentations on diverse projects and experiences from DAAP alumni across all majors and degrees. Presentations will take place throughout the day so you can tune in live from anywhere in the world.
DAAPX tackles the topic of experiential design and the work of DAAP alumni that is created to influence or impact the human experience. Each fall, the DAAP Alumni Network accepts proposals for presentations to tell a story about a specific project that was designed with that impact in mind. This is your opportunity to come be inspired, learn something new and see select presentations.
This virtual event is complimentary. Be sure to register so you receive the official streaming link the week of the event.
10 – 11:30 a.m.
- Get Out The Vote: Empowering the Women's Vote
RENEÉ SEWARD, BSDE '02 and KELLY SALCHOW MACARTHUR, BSDE '96
- Modern Building with Dirt
SHAY MEYERS, BSARC '15 and CAROLINE WALLACE
- DreamBank: Inspiring & Engaging Community through Immersive Experiences SUZANNE HOPKINS, BSDE '12
- Living With Girls
MICHALE WILLETT, MFA ‘09
- Leading Edge Design
SEAN DUFFY, BSDE '10
- Why I Moved From Paradise to Attend DAAP...
MICHAEL RAGSDALE, BSDE '17
- DAAP: Strategic Futures
CLAUDIA REBOLA, Assoc. Dean of Research, DAAP
2 – 3:30 p.m.
- The Necessity of Uncertainty
ERIN ROUTSON, BSDE ‘06
- Rational Objects for Irrational Thoughts
ALEX BROKAMP, BSDE ‘15
- The Bok Experience
NATE HAMMITT, BSACR ‘12
- Designing 3M Brand Experiences
PHILIP HAGUE, BSDE ‘92
- Rabbit Hold Excursions: Adventures into Curious Confundity
KAREN MCGARRY, MFA ‘11
- Designing for Activity and Well-Being at Harvard
RYAN NEWMAN, BSARC ‘05