UC Day of Giving a success
24-hour challenge raises more than $2.2 million
The University of Cincinnati Day of Giving’s 24-hour challenge was a tremendous success this year, raising $2,219,197 with 3,232 gifts. The fourth annual UC Day of Giving raised its most money to date with alumni, donors, students, faculty and staff joining together to support UC and UC Health.
“Our Bearcat family unfailingly rises to the challenge and gives from the heart,” said UC Foundation President Peter. E. Landgren. “The collective outcome from these 24 hours has made a tremendous impact across our entire university and health community. I am grateful to our many ambassadors and donors for making this possible.”
Success stories from the day include:
- Gifts from 738 donors were matched, allowing for a greater impact on scholarships, research and immediate resources for colleges.
- Scholarships play a critical role in ensuring UC students stay enrolled and graduate on time. More than 800 donors gave over $1 million supporting student scholarships.
- UC student organizations received more than 100 gifts. For example, Black Men in Medicine Cincinnati raised more than $5,000 to support mentorship, community engagement, and professional development training for Black males interested in medicine.
- The UC Bearcats Pantry, UC Clermont Food Pantry and UC Blue Ash Bearcat Student Food Pantry raised more than $13,000 to provide critical resources such as food, hygiene items, cleaning supplies and professional clothing for vulnerable students.
- The amazing 131 individuals who served as UC Day of Giving ambassadors brought in 589 gifts totaling $85,197. Details about challenge winners and ambassador awards can be found online at dayofgiving.uc.edu.
Thank you to everyone who made UC Day of Giving 2021 a success!
With its focus on innovation and impact, Next, Now: The Campaign for Cincinnati is where ambition meets action. At the University of Cincinnati and UC Health, we’re driven by next; thinking bolder and dreaming bigger to create the tomorrow we envision, today. Learn more at nextnow.uc.edu.
- College-Conservatory of Music
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Medicine
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Allied Health Sciences
- UC Foundation
- College of Education, Criminal Justice, & Human Services
- Alumni Association
- Faculty Staff
- Blue Ash College
- Clermont College
- College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning
- Graduate School
- College of Law
- College of Nursing
- Lindner College of Business
- Next Lives Here
- College of Engineering and Applied Science
Undergraduate researchers inspired by family health
January 24, 2022
University of Cincinnati students Maricela Manzanares and Nina Greene are getting an early start in the world of research, thanks to scholarships and mentorship at UC.
UC nursing student unites Greek life for tornado relief
January 24, 2022
A University of Cincinnati College of Nursing student is rallying UC's Greek organizations to support victims of a recent tornado outbreak in Western Kentucky.
WLW: Russia and the Ukraine
January 21, 2022
UC's Brendan Green interviewed by WLW to discuss rising tensions in Eastern Europe.