Updates to Research Return Guidance
Given the new guidance from the state and from our Campus Return team, I want to ensure everyone is aware that on-campus research activities are now allowed and expected in accordance with our current Return to Workplace protocols.
- There are no restrictions (except for those related to facial coverings and social distancing) on undergraduate or graduate students being in the laboratories. All laboratories should be open and operational, according to the Return to Workplace plan.
- Fully vaccinated researchers and students are not required to wear facial coverings. (This applies to COVID-19 precautions, not standard PPE.)
- Individuals who have not been fully vaccinated are still required to wear a facial covering.
- Researchers and students should currently maintain 6-foot social distancing guidelines, during the ongoing summer term.
- Domestic travel for research, including field work, is permitted.
Our faculty researchers should ensure all students and staff they work with and train are aware of these changes. Up-to-date information on UC’s COVID-19 response is posted, and research specific information, including contacts on Human Subjects Research and Animal Care and Use, are available from the UC Research home page (https://research.uc.edu/coronavirus-impacts-return-to-on-campus-research)
I have been inspired by the responsibility, care and patience you have exhibited these past 15 months. Please continue to live out those values, keeping the health and safety of all involved in our research and creative activities as your top priority during our summer of transition.
Dr. Patrick A Limbach
Vice President for Research
Ohio Eminent Scholar
Professor of Chemistry
University of Cincinnati
513 558-0026 (Office)