Upcoming Bearcat football season brings parking changes
First UC football game set for Saturday, Sept. 4
The UC Bearcats kick off their season opener in Nippert Stadium Saturday, Sept. 4 at 3:30 p.m.
The excitement that comes with the start of football season also brings along some changes in parking.
Football fans will begin arriving on campus as early as 9:30 a.m. with heaviest traffic beginning at 2 p.m.
Monthly permit holders:
- Every effort is made to ensure parking for monthly permit holders in their specified garage; however, with games being some of the most heavily attended campus events, permit holders may be moved to another garage, if necessary. On game days, it is recommended to plan on earlier campus arrival times.
- Monthly/Semester permit holders will need to present their current parking credential for access (e.g., UC ID, Fast Pass or hang tag). To expedite the process, please have the credential out and ready to show the officer prior to arriving at your facility.
For cash-parking customers:
- The following garages will be Pass-Only Parking: CCM, Varsity Village, Calhoun, Corry, Campus Green, Clifton Court and University Avenue.
- Event parking will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- There will be no visitor parking available in these facilities on game day.
- Eden Garage will be $20 cash entry
- Pre-pay parking options: Eden, Stratford and Woodside garages
- Stratford and Eden parking can be purchased online, $15 in advance (until game time or sold out), to ensure parking in that facility.
- Woodside Garage parking can be purchased online, $20 in advance (until game time or sold out), to ensure parking in that facility.
- A portion of pre-sale parking in Woodside Garage will be reserved for ADA sales.
- Anyone with an ADA pass will be required to have a state-issued handicap placard or license plate.
Please direct any questions to the Parking Services office at 513-556-2283. uc.edu/parking.
‘Strength in Immunity’ vaccination drawing winners announced
September 16, 2021
The University of Cincinnati is awarding prizes in the weekly ‘Strength in Immunity’ drawing. To further encourage vaccination against COVID-19, the university is conducting weekly drawings for gift cards in varying amounts of $2,500 or $5,000. In all, the university will award nearly $50,000.
UC engine design could muffle roar of fighter jets
September 16, 2021
University of Cincinnati aerospace engineers have designed a new nozzle that reduces the noise from jet engines. The U.S. Navy will test the design this fall.
Yahoo News: State House, Senate map proposal praised, critiqued
September 15, 2021
David Niven comments to Yahoo News on redistricting of Ohio maps